1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Very sad.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Why on earth would you ever point a gun at anyone you weren't prepared to shoot is beyond me.And a loved one??Guy is either stupid or there is more to the story.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Something doesn't sound right with that story.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Very sad, all to many times people just do stupid things.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sad. I don't even like it when my 5 year old neighbor points his cap gun at my wife or me, so I can't imagine pointing a real gun at someone I love. *shakes head*

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sad story especially when it was 100 percent avoidable
Now we have to find a way to protect from Dumb-Ass (sorry mods.) It was bad enough that he pointed but damn he pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
We had a similar case in Grand Rapids, MN. a few years ago. The son of a former long time state senator was doing a "photo shoot" with a couple of girls when he accidently (?) shot on of them in the head with his Glock. He then proceeded to move the body and physically prevent the other girl from calling the police. Instead of calling the police or going to the station to report the shooting he went and talked to a friend (?) of his who just happened to be a police officer and he got him in contact with a criminal defense lawyer before they reported the shooting?

Testimony at the trial brought out the fact that he had driven back from International Falls, MN. with another friend who just happened to be a deputy sheriff and that they had been drinking while on the road. He also claimed that he didn't know that the gun was loaded. I cannot say that "Daddy" pulled any strings to get him off with a slap on the wrist, but he was the state senator for this district for over twenty years and a Democrat for most of those years. Ironically both Daddy and Son hold dual citizenship in the USA and Canada which allowed daddy to own and operate a high class resort in Canada.

#1 He shot the girl accidently (?).

#2 He tampered with evidence by moving the body.

#3 He assaulted the other girl and prevented her from calling the police.

#4 He admitted that he and a deputy sheriff had been drinking while driving back from International Falls.

#5 He got off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Do any of you feel like I do that something stinks with this situation?

Regardless this father can almost certainly kiss his gun owning days along with his carry permit good by unless he cuts a plea bargain and gets the charges reduced to a simple or petty misdemeanor. Either way this guy probably should not be handling a firearm. JMHO!

·
Registered
495 Posts
He violated rule #1, #3 and #4. A gun is always loaded. Never point a gun at anything you don't want destroyed. Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to shoot someone. That leads you back to rule #1. It's people like this that make it difficult for the rest of us to keep our licenses and firearms. I don't know why anyone would be playing around with a gun anyway since it's not a toy and too many bad things can happen. Preaching to the choir.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Rule #1 & #2 of firearms safety. Damn how tragic. A good reminder of how important those firearm rules, or as I like to call them firearm success principles, are. Be safe out there!

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
This story smells...daddy points gun at daughter (that's normal) then pulls trigger (this is normal?). OOOps, I didn't know it was loaded. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Let's have a thorough investigation.

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
I can't believe that a father would ever take a risk like that.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Are people getting dumber or what's going on? Sad story but good Lord

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
This is so sad and a great loss for the entire family and friends..

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
What a tragic situation. What on earth possessed him to point a firearm (always considered loaded) at his daughter? Is this something that he has done before? Unfathomable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts