Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aurora Colorado has become the focus of the nation today.

Gunman has killed 15 innocent people as of this morning, 50 wounded at this time at a midnight screening of the new Batman movie. Alleged shooter is in custody (alive).

Say a prayer for everyone affected.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Very sad.
Something else for the gun grabbers to use to push for more gun control.
Conspiracy theory: A plot by DoJ and BATFE to get our guns.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I wonder if this was a "Gun Free Zone".

Prayers are sent for the victims and their loved ones.

·
Super Moderator
40,409 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Very sad to hear that. It is a sad time when you cant even go to a flipping movie without fear of being shot

Reactions: smithlock

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I wonder if this was a "Gun Free Zone".

Prayers are sent for the victims and their loved ones.
There are no signs at the entrance. My wife and I attend that theater frequently and I ALWAYS 'carry' a lasered LCP in my hip pocket. Perfect example of why more people should carry more often. I would not have wanted to be there last night but things may have turned out a little differently.

Very sad. Hope no friends or relatives were there.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Praying for the victims and their families.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The theaters around me are all "gun free zones". Texas 30.06 signs posted at nearly every one.
Man, chicharrones.. you got me thinking..

You can tell where I live by the info to the left. I ALWAYS go to Katy Mills Mall's AMC theater armed.

I wonder if I've been missing the 30.06 sign all along? I'm going out today to check it out, both AMC and the Cinemark that I also go to.

Back to Aurora... I read he had a bullet-proof vest on. I suppose a .45 would have at least knocked him down, if not kill him. My .380 would have been useless? Remember, it was dark and smoke filled and chaotic. Taking time to carefully place a head shot was probably out of the question, even if there were any concealed carry folks around.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
30.06 signs in Texas clearly are our clue that concealed carry is strictly prohibited wherever that sign is posted. I know it is also a high power rifle round, but still, that's the official declaration that cc is not allowed.

You can just google to see an example.

Also, the other prohibited carry sign is a big 51 enclosed in a circle with a line drawn across it. It means that the establishment gets 51% or more of it's income from alcohol sales and therefore is a no carry zone.

I didn't mean to get off track from the Aurora tragedy. Just awful....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I recently posted in another thread that trips to Walmart and to pickup a carryout pizza order are two situations where I ALWAYS want to be carrying. I need to add movie theaters to that short list. I've looked for signs but I've never noticed on yet.

But I can say that this shooting in CO has made me "see the light" with regard to the NRA. I'll be purchasing a lifetime membership today, as I've finally decided the good they do outweighs the bad.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
This is a terrible tragedy and my prayers go out to all of the families of those affected
by the actions of this evil lunatic. It also makes me think about how I would have reacted
if I had been in the theatre with my concealed firearm. Since this madman was wearing
body armor, it would have taken a shot to the pelvic area, legs or head to bring him
down. A head shot is a diffiicult proposition even for the most experienced shooter
to make. Responsible concealed carry permit holders should always be aware of their
surroundings and need to practice their marksmanship as often as possible. It is a
shame that the anti gun lobby will now use this as an excuse to strip all gunowners
of their Second Amendment rights, no matter how responsible, law abiding and
morally upright the majority of them are.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Man, chicharrones.. you got me thinking..

You can tell where I live by the info to the left. I ALWAYS go to Katy Mills Mall's AMC theater armed.

I wonder if I've been missing the 30.06 sign all along? I'm going out today to check it out, both AMC and the Cinemark that I also go to.

The ones I see at movie theaters are really small. Not the "legal" size of having 1" lettering. Enter a search here, it is usually up to date. Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Home

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It sucks!!!! And bleeding heart liberals is whats wrong with people today. We need to spendless time coddling our criminals....

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Back to Aurora... I read he had a bullet-proof vest on. I suppose a .45 would have at least knocked him down, if not kill him. My .380 would have been useless? Remember, it was dark and smoke filled and chaotic. Taking time to carefully place a head shot was probably out of the question, even if there were any concealed carry folks around.
It seems the only chance to defend oneself with a gun would be a foot or two from the shooter while his attention was turned away.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts