Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
My comments are w/o any range time of the three. However, I've ordered a Gen 4 Glock 30 (love my G4G19 [awesome shooter] w/TruGlo TFO Sites & will have same type R&R'd on G4G30) at LGS. Almost ordered G4G36 but wanted higher rnd cap w/G4G30 @ 10+1. The price they listed for G36 caused a slight irreg heartbeat. Then, remembered I can get Glock Blue Label price $464. I have small hands but held a G30 and fits fine.

I bought a NIB PT745 Pro about a month ago for $409 (no BL$ for Taurus). I need to take it to the Range. I do like the somewhat bigger Heine Dots compared to my PT140 Pro, which purchased used $255. It was filthy but after my F&S w/CLP looked great & no malfxns at the Range. Again, the sights are small vs. PT745 Pro. BTW, love the pinkie grip on the Taurus 745 & 140 mags.

The XDs listed $599... a LGS has them $549. The single stack XDs does nothing for me since I already own 745 & 140. Plus, I don't like the short grip fit. Not speaking of extended mags just as is NIB. In my situation, XDs loses the $$$ battle, which is always a factor for me.

I had a Kahr once for a very short period of time. Some do but I don't like the heavy, looooong trigger pull.

So, the *** rating for PT745 is all relative to each individual. After the range, I'm hoping (expecting) for a **** PT745 &
****1/2 rating on my G4G30. In my mind perfect 10 or 5 does not exist (maybe 9.75 or 4.75).

BTW, OP I read 0 comments available?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I read this article a couple days ago. Now everyone's due their own opinion, but I felt this article was a one sided test from the get go.
I own a PT 745, so I guess I'm a little biased. But some of the comments he made just didn't add up. I think all the weapons tested are great guns. I've fired most of them at one time or another. And I've fired my 745 many times and Fail to Feed just isn't a common problem with the 745. The "shooting low" comment is one I hear from mostly new shooters, not ardent pistoleros.
Sorry guys, I just think this "test" may have been financed by someone other than GUNS AND AMMO. JMHO

·
Registered
88 Posts
I read this article a couple days ago. Now everyone's due their own opinion, but I felt this article was a one sided test from the get go.
I own a PT 745, so I guess I'm a little biased. But some of the comments he made just didn't add up. I think all the weapons tested are great guns. I've fired most of them at one time or another. And I've fired my 745 many times and Fail to Feed just isn't a common problem with the 745. The "shooting low" comment is one I hear from mostly new shooters, not ardent pistoleros.
Sorry guys, I just think this "test" may have been financed by someone other than GUNS AND AMMO. JMHO
Financed by Springfield Armory, maybe? :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yes, agree plus they don't seem to like practical. My 745 fits me well and shoots well also (better than I can shoot it)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's too bad the 745 is discontinued. :(

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny, went back to look at the article and comment and mine are no longer visible. I guess because I didn't support their claims. I wrote nothing negative only pointed out that the comparison was favored towards the Glock, Kahr, and XD as the PT745 was no longer in production.

I don't buy these rags but was offered a sample via my Kindle Fire so took it. I noticed through Amazon that it was only rated as a "one" star read out of five. I see why, very weak evaluations in all the reviews so I won't be subscribing to it. Funny, their magazine holds a lower rating, one star, vs. what they gave the Taurus product!

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's too bad the 745 is discontinued. :(
Going to the Range today. Gonna shoot my new PT745 Pro. I'll post up my review later today...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ranch Dog... Censorship is just flat out wrong. That shoots (pun?) credibility out the window!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very good day at the Range. No malfxns w/my 3 today; PT745 Pro, Charter Arms .40S&W Revolver, and XDSC40.

Glad to have finally put 50rnds down Range w/PT745 Pro. In fact, the recoil was a pleasant surprise. A slight straight back push, which made for an easy acquisition on follow-ups. Very glad I decided not to buy an XDs a while back. Although, my XDSC40 has an awesome trigger. My revolver kicked the most out of all three but still fun to shoot. Plus, moonclips not required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts