Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's right! I see what you did there! Putting that heater in the glove compartment! Sneaking that Glock underneath the front seat! Why don't you do what I did, and get yourself one of these handy dandy pistol safes?

Although there is a keypad, I always use the overide key. I know, nothing can stop a determined thief, but with the burglar alarm shrieking and carrying on, the safe will limit the time he has to blow torch or sledge hammer his way to the gun.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

My place of work won't allow me to carry inside. So I just lock up my steel in the safe. Of course, I throw something atop of it, like a rag or grease towel...

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That looks like a great idea... Pricey????

Reactions: 0311

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not pricey at all; about 125 dollars. Easy to find lots of these little safes on line.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I have a micro vault I can cable lock it where it is completely out of sight. People wonder why I keep a messy truck. It is theft deterrent. Thieves will look in my windows and see nothing of value that is easily accessible and all the trash and pass along. :D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm still with the steel lock box under my seat with a locked cable tether. $30 + lock. I added industrial Velcro ( hook ) and that keeps it snug in place. I visit a few spots ( post office, govornment bldgs...) where the gun HAS to stay behind. So far so good for the last 5 years. I also keep a pretty trim car. Nothing in sight of any value - period, not even a cable to lead a BG to believe that there MIGHT be a fancy phone or MP3 player inside.

Reactions: 0311 and btleslie

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh, I just can't see not securing it in a safe. Have a gun safe in the house, too. A lot of people don't, and brag about it. But I feel that a gun ought to be on your person, or secured. Now, that's just my humble opinion...

·
Registered
35 Posts
On recommendation from an LEO, I use a NanoVault cable locked under the seat. Very compact and sturdy, fits my TCP just fine. Still weighing some home options...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah...I perfer to keep the gun in my home gun safe when I'm not carrying it. I'm in the market for some type of gun safe for the car. I perfer to have it under the seat if I have to leave it behind.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh, the safe by itself can't stop a thief. But with an alarm system shrieking like crazy, he's going to be pressed for time to bust into that thing. The key also has a feel bump on the part you hold, so that you can align and insert it quickly in the dark, which is good for me. I disabled the light in my cab because I don't like being lit up at night when I open the door to the pickup truck. I have to lock it in the safe when I go to work, because if I was reported packing heat at my job, I'd get into serious trouble - even though I have a CCL.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...I perfer to keep the gun in my home gun safe when I'm not carrying it. I'm in the market for some type of gun safe for the car. I perfer to have it under the seat if I have to leave it behind.
I have thought of getting a cash box for my 444. Because the cash box is flat and can be bolted to the floor of the cab, and has the dimensions to secure a .44 magnum with 8" bbl. So I Googled the subject of cash boxes and the pricey cash boxes have imbedded burglar alarms. Also, they are built like Tiger tanks...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
And I know this has NEVER happened; imagine walking to your vehicle while it is being vandalized - and the thief has found your loaded gun...I don't want to be tee heed at, so I don't mention that as one of the reasons I have the pistol safe in the truck. Oh, BTW! I got an eMail from that company I bought the safe from on line. Standy by one moment. BUYaSAFE.com

Addendum: They have a Red Tag sale going on right now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought a really small one, just for my primary carry - a big bore snubby. But they've got all sizes, and they get the order out to you really fast, too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good idea
Yeh, the lady asked me the make of the revlover and its measurements to ensure that the dimensions of the safe would accomodate it. But therein lies the rub; I bought the safe for this specific gun - a snub nosed revolver. Looking back on it, I wish I had bought a larger model, so I could take and leave my Taurus 444 .44 magnum in the truck from time to time. But as it stands, I can't take it to work to show my friends (outside of course), because I dare not leave it in the vehicle unsecured. Oh well! That was my bust, not the company that sells the safes...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Nice little safe there. How do you secure it to your vehicle or do you?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I have a micro vault I can cable lock it where it is completely out of sight. People wonder why I keep a messy truck. It is theft deterrent. Thieves will look in my windows and see nothing of value that is easily accessible and all the trash and pass along. :D
Yeah. Umm......That's my reason for keeping my truck that way too. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts