Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not as proficient as i would like to be with my 9mm mil pro (600+ through it without a single problem i might add :D). would taking an instruction class really improve my shooting that much? what are your experiences with these classes and how much should i expect to pay for a class/private lessons?

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Instruction will likely make a great deal of difference.. I thought I was a good shooter, but decided to take some combat pistol instruction for the tactical details... did that, but my instructor was able to improve my speed and accuracy to a great extent as well. About two months ago we transitioned to a 'coaching' model - I already know what to do; he now helps me by seeing what I can't, and watching for areas where I can improve. I am now a competent shooter, not only as a defensive shooter, but as an all-around shooter.

I look back and realize that I was just wasting ammo before I took serious instruction.

My NRA-certified instructor/coach charges me seriously under market for a metro area (we're not in a metro area) - So far it works out to about $25 per 40 minute one-on-one session.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts