Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have owned model 10 and 66, S&W Taurus 66, Armscor 210,
Lorcin 380 ( I know), Walther PK380, Taurus, 92AF, Rough Rider,Ruger Wrangler,
Astra Constable Ii, The Rossi 46202, Right!
Black Powder 1851, XD FullSize three different 45s, Beretta PX4, Browning Hipower II, And Now I have A Taurus, 38Spl, And NOW only own A Taurus and A Reguard Six.
Just saying Hey Why .. Does everyone say to take the Hammer out of the Taurus First
馃馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
I'm going to assume that you are talking about Taurus revolvers. So this is my opinion and experience: You have to remove the trigger return spring and its little strut before you remove the trigger and It is a lot easier to remove the the trigger return spring and its little strut with the hammer out. And the trigger has the transfer bar and hand attached to it, which are both crowded around the hammer. Hammer first is just easier, in my opinion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to assume that you are talking about Taurus revolvers. So this is my opinion and experience: You have to remove the trigger return spring and its little strut before you remove the trigger and It is a lot easier to remove the the trigger return spring and its little strut with the hammer out. And the trigger has the transfer bar and hand attached to it, which are both crowded around the hammer. Hammer first is just easier, in my opinion.
Just as an FYI point, I never needed to remove the hammer when I replaced my trigger on my Rossi, ( It has a return slide), removing the hand is way easier than removing the hammer, but I do understand, the assembling the trigger might seem harder, If the strut does not stay in the hammer ( pre 80s ) Taurus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts