Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After checking and checking and checking with the Texas DPS I finally have something new to sit and look at, and subsequently drive me nuts!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Tick, tick, tick..... hopefully it will go quickly!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tick, tick, tick..... hopefully it will go quickly!
Ha, it took 58 days to get to this point. We'll see how long it takes from this point.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The wait is the worst part

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Wow that is a bit of a wait. Is the Texas system being over loaded with applications, like other states?

·
Administrator
40,255 Posts
It won't be long now. And as I understand it, classes are full, and some with waiting lists.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that is a bit of a wait. Is the Texas system being over loaded with applications, like other states?
They are overloaded big time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I spoke to a LEO friend last week who said that despite the 8 week statute limit, applications are taking 14-16 weeks here.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Only took 31 days, mailbox-to-mailbox, but that was a couple of years ago. There were also rumors of the printer breaking down when I was in your spot, but luckily it didn't seem to affect it.

Target Walk is a good replacement - usually the scenery is a bit better, not as many "carnival types" there!

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Texheim, Not trying to be nosy, but, what do you intend be your everyday carry weapon?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Texheim, Not trying to be nosy, but, what do you intend be your everyday carry weapon?
Looking into a Sig P250, holster options are easier to find for that than my PT140 Millennium Gen 1.

MaxTuck holster:

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
After checking and checking and checking with the Texas DPS I finally have something new to sit and look at, and subsequently drive me nuts!!
We'll wait right along with you!

Reactions: Texheim

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
My dad received his last week. 58 days from the day he mailed it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts