Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, both a new member and a new gun owner. My father-in-law surprised me for xmas this year and got me a pt 24/7 ds pro .40. I've been kicking around different pistols for carrying and personal/home defense. And he decided to get me one of the ones I was looking at. I've fired and handled many rifles and pistols, but have never owned one myself. I am super happy with it so far, I like the feel and the ease of it. It has a nice weight and good balance. I haven't fired mine personally, but I did fire one at a range and was happy with the feel of it while shooting. I'll be going to the range soon to put it through its paces and will post groupings if I haven't gotten too rusty ;)

So far, I really like the site, keep it up admins and mods!!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hello from the Panhandle of Texas!

·
Administrator
40,264 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,241 Posts
snoopy welcome 2.gif from Kansas

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee ;;

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
welcome from the pnw also............congrats on a hell of a gun, have fun with it!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
welcome tiger 13..........enjoy the show!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello, Benji, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are relatively new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

Best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts