Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My face has been lopsided all week. One side was puffy while the other was slack and not working. The left side was not working and when I tried to squint my right eye closed. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and found I have Bells Palsy.

Hopefully it is not the permanent kind, but I thought it would be a good idea to see how I shoot with my left eye.

I did pretty good with my PT1911 and was able to keep both eyes open when shooting my AR.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's more of an annoyance than anything. Probably wouldn't have gone to doctor if it weren't for my wife and mom nagging me.

Glad they did though since it's best if caught in 7 days.

You know us stubborn men.

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
The past deer season when I offered my father a shot of Jagermister he said that he's pretty sure that stuff gave his cousin bells palsy and he polity declined. I hope yours isn't permanent.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely not from Jagermeister.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My face has been lopsided all week. One side was puffy while the other was slack and not working. The left side was not working and when I tried to squint my right eye closed. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and found I have Bells Palsy.

Hopefully it is not the permanent kind, but I thought it would be a good idea to see how I shoot with my left eye.

I did pretty good with my PT1911 and was able to keep both eyes open when shooting my AR.
I'm sorry to hear about the palsy. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Have you seen a doctor yet? Those aren't good signs, you know.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Get well soon, prayers sent.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you seen a doctor yet? Those aren't good signs, you know.
Yes. He put me on steroids and anti viral meds.

·
Super Moderator
22,151 Posts
My daughter had the same symptoms at 18 and they thought it was Bells Palsy but she really was having the first of 3 stokes. Please keep on top of this if things get worse.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
My face gets the same way when I back talk the little lady!:)

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hope that you heal from that quickly. Don't know much about Bells Palsy, but, it sounds very unpleasant.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Hope you have a full recovery. I think it comes from not drinking enough liqcuer. Hic...

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have heard that grape seed extract and massaging the facial muscles help. Might want to call the doc and see what he says. At any rate, hope you get past this.

CreekFisher

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hope you get to feeling better....I often rotate eyes for shooting practice for just such an event....On old Drill Sargent from the Army insisted on it use the dominate eye for Qualifications while you are practicing switch eyes use that non-dominate eye....You may find your self in a situation where you need to...So from then on I have flip floped left and right

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Hope you get over this quickly. Reminds me that I need to practice more with my weak eye and weak hand, if I can find enough ammo to keep practicing.

·
Registered
15,661 Posts
My brother in law had Bells Palsy years ago. He woke up and it looked like he had a golfball under the skin on his left side of his neck/chin. he was given steroids and anti virals as well. took about 2 weeks before the swelling totally went away. It's a good thing you went in when you did as it can expand quite a bit in a short time. Get well Soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts