Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pt945(used) recently,and it came w/ 3 magazines..I noticed a couple fo weeks ago that the butt plates were cracked on all 3.They work fine,but it's probably a matter of time till they break.So I called Taurus and asked them to send me 3 new butt plates..they said I had to return the magazines and they'd fix them .Knid of a pain,since it would take me all of 10 seconds to replace them myself.Anyway,I sent them out yesterday UPS for $7.We'll see how long it takes to get them back.UPS said they'd be there friday.I figure it's still cheaper than buying 3 new mags at $35 a mag.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That is a pain. Please let us know how this works out. I've never heard of sending mags back in for warranty work but I'm not arguing.

Steelheart

·
Registered
790 Posts
They may replace the entire mag, as they did for one of my PT22s when I sent it in for warranty work. I told them I was having mag problems as well as problems with the gun, and they said they replaced the mag bodies, but I think they were both totally new mags. BTW, you could have sent those by regular mail for a couple of bucks. But it would take a little longer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be awesome if they sent all new mags.I'll let everyone know when I get them back.Yeah,I did go ups so it would be quicker.It's not like it's the only gun I have,but you know how it is w/ a new gun,you want to shoot it all the time. 8)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my new magazines today!Came home and they were waiting for me on the front stairs.not bad,just 2 weeks ans they replaced 3 magazines for free.Taurus rules....

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
COOL!!! Now you have to go out and make sure that they all work fine.... (excuse to go out shooting)

Steelheart

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just thinking that..of course it's like 2 degrees here..I may just shoot in the back yard when I get home.....I can stand on my back porch and be shielded from the wind at least(the older I get the more of a whimp I become weather wise) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts