Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted this deal on "slickguns" just had to buy one. Man buying a gun from CDNN sports is like ordering a pizza, so easy.....I will update with report when I recieve it.

Taurus .327 mag.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless you live in MD. they won't ship handguns to us with the misfortune of living here.
Agreed it is going to my FFL friend.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thats a steal!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I want to purchase a M327. I have pretty much made up my mind based on the price point this is the next firearm in my life. I called Taurus today for a quick qa to see what the warranty return rate is for this weapon and what they might recommend. They stated that earlier the firearm had some issues with extracting certain casings but recently they have been spot on with low warranty claims. This I wanted hear I asked about ammo and surprisingly they stated they do not recommend 327 Federal magnum since they have not tested this ammo in the firearm. I stated "are you sure about this" and the rep said that was the protocol they were told to repeat. This concerns me becuase it is "the" major selling point for me and I assumed why the firearm was called the M327. It would not be my primary practice ammo but certainly my defense load and I would shoot it once in a while. If anyone could clarify this please do. My finger is on the purchase button at Buds but now I digress (possibly)!

·
32,586 Posts
I've got two and they work okay with .327 Federal ammo. Granted, I haven't shot thousands of rounds down range with them, but have a lot with both .32 H&R magnum, .32 S&W Longs, but have shot enough of the .327s in Federal guise to know the gun is holding up this far and having no extraction problems.

That's because the guns get a good scrubbing after each range session. The cylinders get a thorough scrub job inside the cylinder charge holes.

I've had no extraction problems with .327 ammo for several cylinders worth of ammo. With the tolerances being as tight on the Taurus 327 as it is like the rimfire versions can have grit and grime collect very fast. That happens with small parts revolvers as a whole.

The .327 Federal ammo was shot first through the revolver. Then the lesser powered rounds were next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts