Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at one of the local gun stores on my lunch break and hehad 9 one pound containers of Unique. $27 each.

Found some a few weeks ago at $32 and passed because of the price. After posting here and listening to the replays, I went back to get some. It was already gone. Didn't make that mistake today.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Nice score Greg!! I'm so glad you got a good supply of a great powder. Unique a very popular powder because of the very wide range of calibers it can be used in. As the company said in the 1930's and is still saying today, "Unique is a very versatile powder". I love that phrase, it just rolls off the tongue.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,883 Posts
Sprinkle a little on the sandwich? :)

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice score Greg!! I'm so glad you got a good supply of a great powder. Unique a very popular powder because of the very wide range of calibers it can be used in. As the company said in the 1930's and is still saying today, "Unique is a very versatile powder". I love that phrase, it just rolls off the tongue.
I use Unique in 20 gauge, 380, 38, 9mm, 40, 45, and 300 blk.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many of those 9 did you walk out with?

I just finished loading up 100, 380 ACP with Unique.
4, and 2 pounds of Red Dot

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
How many of those 9 did you walk out with?

I just finished loading up 100, 380 ACP with Unique.
I load my 380 rounds with 3.5 grains of unique, so that's 2000 (40 Boxes) rounds from a pound, and the performance ain't bad either.
don't meter worth a flip though.

Reactions: jonboy

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
4, and 2 pounds of red dot
hoarder!!!!!----------------------------------------

send me half of it and will change my mind!!!

Reactions: charliemike

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Nice find! Until 8# jugs are in stock I will pick it up as I see it in the 1# containers.

Reactions: jonboy

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I feel guilty. I picked up an 8# jug of RedDot because they had it in stock, then a buddy of mine sold me 1lb of Unique for $18...

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I know some guys love Unique but it meters so poorly that I can't warm up to it. I am glad however that someone got the powder they were looking for.

·
Registered
188 Posts
While I agree that Unique doesn't meter well, it's one of my favorite powders. I use it for .380, 9mm, .40, .44 and .45acp, plus it's easy to find around here.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
hoarder!!!!!----------------------------------------

send me half of it and will change my mind!!!
I wonder where he lives so I can go get the rest!! :D :D :icon_ poke: :p

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I know some guys love Unique but it meters so poorly that I can't warm up to it. I am glad however that someone got the powder they were looking for.
So, use Lee Powder Dippers. I have two sets (Lee Engineering & Lee Products). They seem to work best with flake powders like Unique.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 20 of 24 Posts