Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No power, running off of our generator, good enough to run most of the house...................
Cooking on the camp stove, kinda fun!
Winds blew through at about 50 to 60 miles per hour, lightening took out transformers, should be back on by around 7;00 p.m.....................:(

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I feel for you! I went 7 days after hurricane Michael running necessities off a generator and cooking on the grill.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
The power is out, and you have a generator going to keep things mostly normal? Thumbs up!

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Wait, what? 50-60 MPH winds and you didn't have the entire Weather Channel staff there combing the streets and wading in ankle-deep water? How can we survive without over sensationalized weather coverage?

·
Super Moderator
19,610 Posts
We lost power for about 20 minutes around 1:00 PM today because someone hit a telephone pole. Nice 95 degrees with only mild humidity.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Supporting Moderator
14,818 Posts
No power, running off of our generator, good enough to run most of the house...................
Cooking on the camp stove, kinda fun!
Winds blew through at about 50 to 60 miles per hour, lightening took out transformers, should be back on by around 7;00 p.m.....................:(
Glad to hear you are ok and prepared. Let us know when you are back on the grid.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Boy, y'all certainly got the brunt of the bad weather! Just a few miles away up here in the hills we only got thunder, lightening, and marble sized hail. I never thought I'd say this, but I no longer get concerned until the hail gets to be golf ball sized and larger! Hope your power was restored quickly!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I bought a larger generator last year. I should have done it a long time ago. It runs the entire house central air included. Of course we are stingy with what we turn on and avoid hair dryers and the like. We have a gas stove so no problem there. I unplug the two refrigerators and the freezer to run the hot water periodically. In winter I have a wood stove. I used to dread power outages. Now they're just annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts