Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Walther P22 with me to possibly trade. It was reliable and a nice gun, but I just didn't connect with it. Well, I ended up trading the Walther + $75 for the Beretta Neos with 3 mags. I've been interested in the Neos for a long time and felt I did alright on the deal.

I made a few more loops and really hadn't found anything I couldn't live without. On my last pass I was looking at a dealer's table when I heard an older couple ask if they bought or traded. The dealer said it depends on what he's got. The old guy hold up a large case and says he has a "Browning .22 and a Smith snub nose". The dealer asked to see the Browning and when the old guy opens the case the dealer tells him "that's a Ruger, not a Browning!" and then proceeded to tell him it's an older model and now Ruger has a new model that's easier to take apart, clean, is more reliable and has a better trigger! Nobody wants the old ones anymore! The guy then asked if he would be interested in the S&W. The dealer told him he has a table full of them and has no interest in it. The old guy thanked him for his time and started to walk off.

I stopped the gentleman and asked what he wanted (the dealer never inquired about price) he tells me $200 for the Ruger and $300 for the Smith! I asked him if he was sure and he confirmed. I counted out the money, shook his hand and thanked him. When I picked up the cases and turned to walk away, the dealer was giving me the dirtiest look I've gotten in a long time! LoL I think I did pretty well. The Ruger has five mags, scope mount and BSA red dot. The Smith is a 642-2 with factory S&W branded Crimson Trace lasergrip.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction: I removed the scope mount and the Ruger is a MKII Target model, not a MKIII.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a Neos except mine has black grips and longer barrel, I love it.

·
Registered
36,765 Posts
I gots a couple of dem Neos things meself.----------------

Attachments

Reactions: Bamabowtie

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
Gun show stories like that used to be common. Unfortunately now, they are the exception.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not had the chance to shoot any of these yet. But, the more I handle the Neos, the more I REALLY like it! It has a great fit and balance. I can't wait to put some rounds down range. If it shoots as good as it feels, I am considering a small red dot sight for it.

·
Registered
36,765 Posts
I have not had the chance to shoot any of these yet. But, the more I handle the Neos, the more I REALLY like it! It has a great fit and balance. I can't wait to put some rounds down range. If it shoots as good as it feels, I am considering a small red dot sight for it.

I had a Halographic sight for mine, the things are so easy to change due to the built in rail that I just used one halo sight for both pistols.
it was a cheapy and worked great indoors, not sure about outside?
anyway the only real down side to my Neos is the trigger pull, its pretty stiff and heavy, not like 10-12 pound heavy but compared to the Ruger MK and The Buckmark its stiff and heavy.
once that I shoot a couple mags through them and get use to the trigger then I settle in pretty well.
for the money I think they are a best buy for sure. and as mentioned a little weird looking but not sure If I have found anyone that the grip didn't fit them.

Attachments

Reactions: Bamabowtie

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like the gun gods were good to you that day.
They were indeed! Love the 22's and that 38 is freakishly accurate for a snub nose!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts