Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been carrying my Kahr PM9 since about 2003. I was recently looking to replace it with something similiar as I don't like the Kahr magazine issue of the top rounds popping out randomly when I carry extra mags in my pocket.

I do have a G2c and absolutely love it, best 199.00 I have ever spent on a firearm. However, I prefer pocket carry and the G2c is a bit large for that.

I had been looking at the Glock 43, 43x and Springfield Hellcat.

After weeks of looking locally for a GX4 locally to no avail, I finally found one yesterday at a shop about 2hrs away (was in the area on business). After holding the GX4 and the Hellcat, I bought the GX4.

I am extremely impressed with the GX4 and other than shooting it yet, I expect it will perform as well as my G2c has. It is even very close in size to my Kahr PM9 and I will probably be able to use the same custom leather pocket holster.

The 350.00 price point was nice and left me with enough cash to pick up extra magazines, night sights and some carry ammo.

Regards

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have been carrying my Kahr PM9 since about 2003. I was recently looking to replace it with something similiar as I don't like the Kahr magazine issue of the top rounds popping out randomly when I carry extra mags in my pocket.

I do have a G2c and absolutely love it, best 199.00 I have ever spent on a firearm. However, I prefer pocket carry and the G2c is a bit large for that.

I had been looking at the Glock 43, 43x and Springfield Hellcat.

After weeks of looking locally for a GX4 locally to no avail, I finally found one yesterday at a shop about 2hrs away (was in the area on business). After holding the GX4 and the Hellcat, I bought the GX4.

I am extremely impressed with the GX4 and other than shooting it yet, I expect it will perform as well as my G2c has. It is even very close in size to my Kahr PM9 and I will probably be able to use the same custom leather pocket holster.

The 350.00 price point was nice and left me with enough cash to pick up extra magazines, night sights and some carry ammo.

Regards
I think you will like the GX4, I enjoy mine , ( Love is a weird way to describe a gun ) seems like that goldilocks size , Just right , and at 350.00 hard to beat the price, I see that Kimber has also release a Version of the 365, Mako 7, to some good reveiws so far, of course its Kimber priced too, everyone is waiting for HK's version too, , Maybe FNs? who knows, I'm poor so I'll stick to the cheap or Value priced Models !!! how about that?, anywho Happy Shooting !!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've never really been a fan of Kahr handguns. My Glock 43 replaced my Glock 27 for everyday carry. The Glock 43 was, in-turn, replaced by my Sig P365. I had no interest in the GX4 at first and definitely don't have the need, but the more I saw if it, the more I wanted one. I don't know if it will ever replace the Sig, but it very well could. I'm really impressed with what Taurus did with it. I was so sure I wanted one, I ordered the front night sight from Taurus before I bought the gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put 100 rounds through GX4. 50 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of a mix of Speer GDHP 124gr +p and Remington GS 147gr +p. Zero problems and it shot really well.

·
Registered
G2c, Gx4, Glock 19, Glock 48, Glock 43, Keltec PF 9, Charter Arms off duty revolver
9 Posts
I've never really been a fan of Kahr handguns. My Glock 43 replaced my Glock 27 for everyday carry. The Glock 43 was, in-turn, replaced by my Sig P365. I had no interest in the GX4 at first and definitely don't have the need, but the more I saw if it, the more I wanted one. I don't know if it will ever replace the Sig, but it very well could. I'm really impressed with what Taurus did with it. I was so sure I wanted one, I ordered the front night sight from Taurus before I bought the gun.
I know the feeling, I bought the front sight and two 13 round magazine extensions from Taurus before I bought my GX4 also. I really enjoy this gun fits my hand perfectly(even better than my Glock 48)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts