Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my GX out for a test shoot. I fed it a few 115s and some 147s. Started with WWB 115, first 5 shots below.

All in all, no malfunctions and definitely an accurate little shooter. The grip just works for me, and the trigger isn't bad either. Now it's time to figure out some sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Are you using the small backstrap or the large backstrap?
I haven't swapped the backstraps, it felt just fine the way it was in the box. I wear a medium glove if that helps.

Did you use a 2 finger grip or a 3 finger with the 13 round extension?
I don't have the 13 round magazine, just the two 11 rounders it came with.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I haven't swapped the backstraps, it feels perfectly fine the way it arrived. I wear a medium glove if that helps.
I wear a medium glove too. The standard backstrap would probably work for me also.

I was just curious. There are some guns, like revolvers, where it seems a larger grip feels better to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wear a medium glove too. The standard backstrap would probably work for me also.

I was just curious. There are some guns, like revolvers, where it seems a larger grip feels better to me.
Normally, I wait until I can handle a gun in person before buying it. I saw it available online for a fair price and chanced it. It looked like a shrunken TX22, and I love my TX22s. They feel like my VP9 in the hand, and the GX feels like a mini version if the VP9 SK.

That hump in the grip fills my palm perfectly and feels much more secure than the 365 or Hellcat do (with flush mags and no pinky rest). I tend to fumble my 365 around a bit. It's only got 70 rounds through it, but it feels like a quality product.

I'm not sure if they're all supposed to come with the little keychain that's a little GX4 and the bottom has a little flat head for taking it apart. My buddies' did, mine did not. I emailed Taurus my serial and asked about it. They happily shipped one out to me today, and I added a 13 round mag to the order.

One other thing worth mentioning - the mags are very easy to load. My 365 was hell in a hand basket to get 10 rounds into while the MecGar GX4 mags are easy peasy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got mine , and boy its a shooter , Now Like the HumbleMarksmen said , put the GX4 Trigger in the G3c, call it a GX3,
Waiting for my Lakeline Optics Plate, Have a Romeo Zero I want to install,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts