Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Oh c'mon man. That thing was butt ugly!
MY POINT____EXACTLY!!
just because its new doesn't mean its good or a good idea to get one!

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the older TH9, PT809, and think it’s a great pistol. I have two TH9 on order when the LGS can get them in. I think the DA/SA is one of the safest and accurate modes for shooters that will train with them, but I broke on teeth on Third Gen Smiths and the Beretta 92s.

Not to say say I don’t like striker fired weapons. I carried a Glock for twenty years. I have the new G22 and G27 in Gen5 as well as a “set” of 9mms plus the Slim Lines, 43x/48. Throw in the 43 and 42, and I have a whole shelf of Glock boxes. I have shot Glocks in competitions as well. Find them to be a safe and accurate weapon too.

Not knowing how you will carry your weapon, I always lean toward the DA/SA platform. I think the TH9 carries very well either in a shoulder holster or AIWB. But after one shoulder replacement and awaiting the other to be replaced, I pocket carry a lot. So I like the GX4. It’s on the very end of the scale as far as being able to pocket carry it, but my old man/work pants have bigger pockets and it’s doable.

I don’t think the “newest” of the model should worry you. After seeing one broken down in person, I’m pretty impressed with the GX4. More so than the Rubics Cube like FCU in the P365. If the GX4 was twice the price and was made by Glock or Sig, the fanboys would be bending over backwards making excuses for every single malfunction. I personally talked to two ranges that have them and after a 200ish break in period, no malfunctions could be attributed to the weapon. Most were shooter error, due to a weak grip and small pistol size. And this seemed to be the same across ALL subcompact/micro 9mm models. It’s definitely one pistol I wouldn’t want to shoot all day in a class or at the range. About 75 rounds and I’m done! But the GX4 is one pistol I would carry all day. And in the end, it’s the cheap small pistol you have on you that may save your life over the expensive big pistol sitting in your vehicle or home.

Good luck in your search,
Lefty

21 - 24 of 24 Posts