Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Just bought a GX4. Noticed there didn’t appear to be an abundance of holsters for this firearm quite yet and was wondering what other people were using to carry this pistol in for IWB. Or OWB.

I’m a guy who generally likes IWB who prefers the positive click of plastic holsters or a hybrid with both the click of plastic and the feel of leather. I tend to prefer the clip type so that I can remove the holster from my belt without having to take my belt off. I’m right handed and prefer anything from 2-5 o’clock or cross draw.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hi all. Just bought a GX4. Noticed there didn’t appear to be an abundance of holsters for this firearm quite yet and was wondering what other people were using to carry this pistol in for IWB. Or OWB.

I’m a guy who generally likes IWB who prefers the positive click of plastic holsters or a hybrid with both the click of plastic and the feel of leather. I tend to prefer the clip type so that I can remove the holster from my belt without having to take my belt off. I’m right handed and prefer anything from 2-5 o’clock or cross draw.
Last year I started looking for an IWB holster for my TH9C. This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. I went to 20 holster manufacturer websites. For many, the only Taurus gun they made a holster for was the G2C. Some made holsters for other Taurus guns, but I only found two that made a holster for the TH9C; Muddy River Tactical ($45), and Bare Arms Holsters ($50 & $65). I read somewhere that the TH9C fit the same holster as the 809C, and Alien Gear made a holster for that ($44 & $50), but I wasn't sure about that. I thought about waiting for one of my favorite holster makers (FoxX, Black Arch, or We the People) to start making a holster for the TH9C, but who knows how long that would be.

Then I happened upon a YouTube video called “Taurus TH9C Full Review!” by “Tactical Black Guy”. It was a good review of the TH9C, and near the end of the video he mentions the “Stealth Operator” holster made by Phalanx Defense Systems (www.phalanxsystems.com). He said this was the best holster for the TH9C. So I went to the Phalanx website. This is quite a holster. It's a multi-fit holster that claims that it holds more than 150 different guns. And I don't mean that they make 150 different models to select from. This one holster holds 150 different guns! And it only cost $34.95 (free shipping to the lower 48 states).

So I ordered one last Sunday. I knew the order wouldn't process until the next day, and would probably take a week or two to get to me. On Wednesday it was delivered to my door. Three days!!! I'm not sure what it's made of. It's an injection molded polymer, that claims to be stronger than Kydex. It comes in IWB or OWB, and Compact or Full size. I got the IWB Compact model.

I put my TH9C in it, and it fit like a glove. I tried my G2C, it fit too. By fit, I mean that it clicked snugly into place, and didn't fall out when I turned the holster upside-down and shook it. I tried my Glock 17, it fits. This is amazing! Browning Hi-Power, fits; Colt 1911, fits; Bersa Thunder 380, fits. I even tried my Ruger LCP-II, which is a small .380 semi-auto, the same size as a Taurus 738. It was a little loose in the holster, but it didn't fall out when I turned it upside-down. The only semi-auto that didn't fit was my Walther Creed, which was a little too wide for the holster.

This is quite an amazing holster, and I highly recommend it! I like it so much, I bought another one; the OWB model.

Auto part Fashion accessory Font Bumper
Grey Fashion accessory Font Glove Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
G2c, Gx4, Glock 19, Glock 48, Glock 43, Keltec PF 9, Charter Arms off duty revolver
9 Posts
Taurus offers an IWB Kydex on their website. Also, Vedders makes the Light tuck.

I have a Crossbreed “The Reckoning”. It’s an IWB/OWB hybrid you might like.
I agree with you, the crossbreed Reckoning holster with the claw pretty much makes the GX4 disappear when I wear it and the retention is great

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Like @777Driver i carry my GX4 in the Phalanx Defense Systems Compact holster. While the pistol does wiggle around in the holster a bit, it does lock in well, retention is good. IIRC I paid $39 for it at my LGS. While not perfect, it is more than adequate.

I also have the UM Tactical IWB that I ordered from Taurus the same day I bought the pistol. It’s a good one too, and a better fit, but it’s a dedicated holster.

I actually prefer the Phalanx Defense holster better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought a traditional kydex one on Amazon but have not been able to carry my gx4 yet as it had to go back for repairs when it was 2 days old but while not a ton of options more and more are coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts