Taurus Firearm Forum banner

GX4 Hogue handall, It fits! ..cuts felt recoil by a bunch

12K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  GunSlngr 
#1 ·
Got a new Gx4 last week. first 50 rds 115 Gr target ball, and its snappy. Definite recoil training required. I have a 856 revolver and it kicks the same with 158Gr +p. Its more recoil than SIg P365, but ~less than Hellcat (yes i have all 3) i think. Bottom line..I will sell my SIG and Hellcat. I did experiment around as i have smallish hands and could not get more than 2 finger grip on it. I found that the Hogue Handall for a Glock 26 (model18600 i believe) fits it well and cuts bout half of the recoil issues. :)..
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! 🆒 Part of owning a Pistol is adding a few personal touches to suit your use.

I have Hogue Handall Grips on a number of my handguns, too many to list, but notably, my Pre-G2 PT111 and my PT709.

Taurus Pre-G2 PT111 and PT709 with Hogue Handall Grips

#8 ·
Nice! 🆒 Part of owning a Pistol is adding a few personal touches to suit your use.

I have Hogue Handall Grips on a number of my handguns, too many to list, but notably, my Pre-G2 PT111 and my PT709.
Did you clean up the "horns" on the front of your 709 slide ? I did Mine , it looks like you beveled the ends, looks good!! did you repaint or Coat it?

Taurus Pre-G2 PT111 and PT709 with Hogue Handall Grips

#5 ·
Welcome from northern Illinois . The beavertail hogue's are a big improvement from the original handall. I have one on my Shield 45. The outbags products are also excellent and made in the USA !

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

#7 ·
Welcome! Yes, I also own a GX4, P365 and a Hellcat. I bought a Hogue HandALL for my Glock 43, mainly because I missed the Glock finger grooves. It was a beast to get on, but fit and felt really good after I got it on. I took it off after a while and gave it to my dad for his Glock 42.

#13 ·
I have used Hougue Handall Jr. slip ons on all my smaller firearms . Nice holster ,But how is the draw under pressure ? It appears firearm may be too deep into holster for a good grip ? any other options available to you possibly ? Such as a DeSantis mini-slide ? Concealment express holster ? even the Fobus Paddle new and improved and not pricey ? Congrats !

#15 ·
I have a Sig 365 XL Hogue grip. The additions make it much easier to control recoil and also drop mags and reload.
Here's a picture of my GX4 with the 365XL Hogue grip, and has the TruGlo Tritium/ Optic sights , works really well , the recoil has much more control, and quicker follow ups,
Grey Wood Comfort Chair Font

#17 ·
Yeah, it does make the geometry different. Have to weigh the pros and cons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.