Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months I've been unable to go and hold a gx4 in any gun store, they are never available. So I broke down and ordered one. I haven't fired it yet, just cleaned and lubed the rails and other friction points. One thing I hate about the sig p365 is the slim grip which lets my fingernails dig into my palm. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the gx4. Also I can get just get a slight bit of my pinkie on the grip which is good enough for me. I like how it's slightly less blocky than the hellcat which I was also considering.
Gesture Finger Wood Nail Office equipment

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a pt111 g2 mill pro. It's an okay option, but not deep concealment. For that I upsized a touch more to something I like more. This one is to replace my gen1 shield. I don't know how well the g3c finish holds up, the pt111 g2 started rusting on me immediately when I tried to carry.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took way too long to get it to the range. Also brought my hk usp 40c which I had switched over to an lem trigger.
Have to admit, this gx4 is awesome. Shot several boxes including some hollow points, worked great. Easy to do trol, accurate and I didn't need to reset my hands every shot. I got in trouble for "rapid fire" but I was just riding the reset and I in a horizontal group that time. The range guy even complemented me on the groups I was making. He hadn't seen the gx4 before and I think he's going to get a toro version. Said he is a competition shooter.

I don't feel the need for an extended mag but may just get one or two anyways.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
29 Posts
Took way too long to get it to the range. Also brought my hk usp 40c which I had switched over to an lem trigger.
Have to admit, this gx4 is awesome. Shot several boxes including some hollow points, worked great. Easy to do trol, accurate and I didn't need to reset my hands every shot. I got in trouble for "rapid fire" but I was just riding the reset and I in a horizontal group that time. The range guy even complemented me on the groups I was making. He hadn't seen the gx4 before and I think he's going to get a toro version. Said he is a competition shooter.

I don't feel the need for an extended mag but may just get one or two anyways.
I agree how the Gx4 shots… I shot a great tight pattern with distances up to 50 feet… I originally was thinking about swapping out the sights, but am very much pleased with the way I shoot l may just stay with the sights on the Gx4… ( I did pickup the pinky extension for all 5 of my magazines, which I think helps a bunch )…

·
Registered
903 Posts
I agree how the Gx4 shots… I shot a great tight pattern with distances up to 50 feet… I originally was thinking about swapping out the sights, but am very much pleased with the way I shoot l may just stay with the sights on the Gx4… ( I did pickup the pinky extension for all 5 of my magazines, which I think helps a bunch )…
I replaced the front sights on mine with Ameriglo night sights straight from Taurus. I went with the pinky extensions as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The GX4 is a lovely shooter for sure. And the grip alone is worth the price. No more of the narrow grip space between the Receiver and the grip like my 365.. I have a size large hand and this gun was to me a winner from the time I picked it up. And don't forget it has a additional larger back strap. A big winner by Taurus in every respect. (Just put on a Night Fision Front sight) This sight is nice. Like it better than my Tru Glo other guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts