Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GX4 is a splash .. no doubt…
But now what with the GX4 ?
Stainless slide ?
Shipping with 13rd mag ?
GX4-X ? Extended slide , grip frame
Different color grip frames OD ? Earth ?
Maybe a cardboard box option ?
Optic ready model ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm guessing there'll be an optic ready model eventually, probably different color frames/slides. Definitely optics, it's all the rage right now.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see my post was moved .. I believe we need a GX4
home .. just a suggestion

·
Registered
512 Posts
The GX4 is a splash .. no doubt…
But now what with the GX4 ?
Stainless slide ?
Shipping with 13rd mag ?
GX4-X ? Extended slide , grip frame
Different color grip frames OD ? Earth ?
Maybe a cardboard box option ?
Optic ready model ?
Though many at the time said Glock was late to the game, I believe it was the Glock 43 that really got this ball rolling. Six years later, it's still a popular option. Sig upped the ante with the 10+1 P365, soon followed by Springfield with the 11+1 Hellcat. Stainless slides and FDE are right down there with pink, as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose there's a boat for everyone. With the modular chassis design, frames and slides could take nearly any direction whether through Taurus or the aftermarket. I suppose I'll get a 13rd magazine, just because. I have a 12rd for my Sig, but I don't carry it and a 13rd for my Hellcat, but it's never been loaded. I'm satisfied with magazines being an accessory. The box, whether plastic or cardboard doesn't matter to me. My handguns are stored either in the safe or holster, but never in a box. I doubt the plastic box adds much to the cost. Optic ready would be interesting, but for those not wanting to wait, Lakeline already sells a mounting plate. Reliability and competition will determine longevity of the GX4. I'm anxious to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Though many at the time said Glock was late to the game, I believe it was the Glock 43 that really got this ball rolling. Six years later, it's still a popular option. Sig upped the ante with the 10+1 P365, soon followed by Springfield with the 11+1 Hellcat. Stainless slides and FDE are right down there with pink, as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose there's a boat for everyone. With the modular chassis design, frames and slides could take nearly any direction whether through Taurus or the aftermarket. I suppose I'll get a 13rd magazine, just because. I have a 12rd for my Sig, but I don't carry it and a 13rd for my Hellcat, but it's never been loaded. I'm satisfied with magazines being an accessory. The box, whether plastic or cardboard doesn't matter to me. My handguns are stored either in the safe or holster, but never in a box. I doubt the plastic box adds much to the cost. Optic ready would be interesting, but for those not wanting to wait, Lakeline already sells a mounting plate. Reliability and competition will determine longevity of the GX4. I'm anxious to get my hands on one.
Also Have a Optic Mounting Plate ordered for My GX4 from DPP for the Glock 43 slide on Amazon 20.99 due Tuesday , will be interesting , I Think that Taurus Knew that the Sights and Optics markets is wide open for the Platform they chose when the desision to use the Glock Pattern , Wise Move, plate kits are already available , and a slew of Optics, also Holsters, This will give them feedback , , will post when its Mounted ,

·
Registered
12 Posts
After the election and riots I became first time owner of a handgun and purchased Taurus G3 & G3c and shorty after that the compact GX4 was announced. And financially things are a bit tight and hope to win some supplies, since I'm realizing the state of our country. And in my quest in finding giveaways, I found a couple of giveaways for some Taurus GX4 pistols.

Shot-On is sponsoring a chance to win 1 of 4 new GX4 pistols (4 individual winners / Ends on 7/4/21)- Click HERE
Shoot-On writes articles about new product information on the outdoors and shooting items.

RKGuns is sponsoring a chance to win 1 new GX4 pistol with Viridian Lasor. (Ends on 6/30/21) Click HERE
RKGuns is part of Rural King stores across America

I do get some extra entries if you enter and you will get your own link to share with your friends.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok I did it , I'm a Tinker, and I couldnt help mself I
Had too! the GX4 is one of the simplest Firearms to work with it breaks down very easily pull the slide off, slight tap on the take pin from the left side pop out the take down lug, chassie will now come out the whole thing, I see a Tailer frame being Made availible to make this little puppy into a 15 rounder,frame and Mag combos, this is it guys , yes there is a pin that goes on the bottom , that is not it the picture, to reassembly ,simply reverse note how the slide release is spring is really easy guys ( for those who can do this ,( if you stab yourself with a screwdriver dont attempt) see the spring On the other slide and insert take down Lug , you will see the relief in the left side, when you have the lug up against the chassie you will see the spring slightly depress and then turn and it will pop in, Really Thats it !!!, not worried about Warranty , this should be done when a good cleaning is needed , Happy shooting!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts

Here,s the pics I promised No Pins to drive in and out , really simple put a little weapon shield grease in the sear block and already did some smoothing to the sear bar, trigger is awesome!!!, sent a question to MagGuts about a product they have for My p238 , a +1 kit fo the stock 7 round Mag, they have a +2 kit for the 365 , asked them about the GX4 and they said its on the list for development , but not as of yet, this would make the 13rd to a 15rd , Going to the Range this Weekend Before I go to the VA for My Colonoscopy!!! Yea!!! nothing like getting Violated on a Monday Morning!!! Happy Shooting!!!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
???....okay I'm getting interested in gun shopping again.
Got rid of several this past year- passed some on to family members and sold some too. But now this new GX4 be lookin good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here,s the pics I promised No Pins to drive in and out , really simple put a little weapon shield grease in the sear block and already did some smoothing to the sear bar, trigger is awesome!!!, sent a question to MagGuts about a product they have for My p238 , a +1 kit fo the stock 7 round Mag, they have a +2 kit for the 365 , asked them about the GX4 and they said its on the list for development , but not as of yet, this would make the 13rd to a 15rd , Going to the Range this Weekend Before I go to the VA for My Colonoscopy!!! Yea!!! nothing like getting Violated on a Monday Morning!!! Happy Shooting!!!
Hey BigAl512 hope yah up periscope went well... I should check with my Doc about my plumbing.. And speaking of which reminds me of gun barrels which found a Killer that's part of a $1000 giveaway for SIG build and thought of your talents putting it together, must be some high-end parts, you've got some time to ponder until Sep 15th 2021

1 - 15 of 15 Posts