Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went to an indoor range today and rented a GX4. Initial impression: quality and workmanship was fine. Shot 100 rounds with no problems. Since it was a well used range gun figured 100 rounds would be sufficient. I would have no reservations now carrying the GX4. The only negative was the trigger (for me any way). The range had a Sig 365XL to rent. Tried the XL and really liked it. Preferred the XL straight trigger over the 365 Nitron curved. Nothing wrong with the GX4 but after comparing the GX4 to the 365XL decided to go with the 365XL. On a side note, still thinking about a G3C.
I literally said the same thing 48 hours ago after hitting the range. Bought the XL yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.

For the price point the GX4 is a good value but it ain't German engineering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I literally said the same thing 48 hours ago after hitting the range. Bought the XL yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.

For the price point the GX4 is a good value but it ain't German engineering.
There was nothing wrong with the GX4. Actually liked it but the trigger was not as smooth as the XL. The GX4 trigger was similar to a stock Glock. The range gun I used had several hundred rounds through it so it was as smooth as it was going to get without any additional modifications. Certainly more than acceptable for combat accuracy. Glad I had the opportunity to try out the GX4, SIG 365 Nitron and Sig 365XL. Also had the opportunity to shoot a Glock G43X. It was nice, shot and handled well. Another perfectly fine EDC choice. The XL has a slightly longer barrel but the grip is shorter than the G43X. Due to the additional barrel length (approximately 3.7" to 3.4") and barrel/slide weight on the XL there was significantly less muzzle flip compared to the G43X. I've shot and carried a Glock since the 90's and am familiar with them. At first I was thinking about a G43X MOS. It's a good gun but was really looking for something different. Not only is the XL different, at least for me, it checks all my EDC boxes. Sightseer enjoy your new XL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha, did we go to the same range? Yes also tried the G43X... Hellcat, EMP, CCP and they all had their pros and cons but didn't offer the all around package found in the XL. If I hadn't gone with the Sig might have gone with the Walther. It felt bulkier than the rest but more than made up for it in controllability.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts