Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some weeks ago about a light strike issue with my GX4. Got the firearm back from Taurus in about 2 weeks and it has fired well ever since no problems that couldn’t be chalked up to ammo. Ran off 115 - 147 both P and P+ brass HP, FMJ, and a few XTP and Xtreme Def. I don’t run steel casings and didn’t have any aluminum so no comment on those, not that it matters. I feel that it is still a bit stiff from being rather new but that’s nothing a few hundred more rounds won’t fix. Regardless, until proven otherwise I’m happy with it so far. Definitely getting it cerakoted tho as I don’t like this gas nitride matte finish Taurus uses scuffs too easy after repeated unholstering. if there is one thing I could criticize with my G3, G3C, and GX4 is that gas nitride finish but that aesthetics not functionality and easily remedied at the local gun smith.

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Good news! I waxed my G3C but haven't carried it a lot so can't comment on the effect on slide wear.

Reactions: Patbak

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great that it came back in 2 weeks. Did Taurus offer a description of the work performed?

Go Bolts
They did but I don’t remember the full details and the receipt was tossed. I was more concerned with whether or not the problem was fixed rather than the details but yes they did include a list.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news! I waxed my G3C but haven't carried it a lot so can't comment on the effect on slide wear.
Personally, I don’t like any of the Taurus finishes but like I said aesthetics are secondary to reliability. Plus, ok know a guy for cerakoting. I’ll keep what it has until the mechanics are broken in then it’s going to the salon for a spa day with the Mad scientist.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fact that you got it back in 2 weeks is amazing. I recall when I started on this forum people were complaining turnaround times if they had to send something to CS was in some cases allegedly 2-3 months.
I was prepared for the possibility but was pleasantly surprised at the turnaround time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts