Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I sent my pistol out Tuesday the 5th. We will see how long this takes.
I asked if I could pay to have the tritium sight installed that they sell. The answer was no they won't install it it only sell it .I was just hoping while the had to put my front sight on anyway they could throw that on at my own cost.
Oh well as long as it comes back repaired I will be happy. If it does come back and run 100% I will buy the tx-22 competition.
I will update this thread when I learn more to keep track of repair times.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh I definitely will that is the whole reason for the dates so you guys will be able to follow the progress with me. I am already wondering if I should have just paid a local gunsmith to fix it for me. We will see

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My pistol is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I won't be around to sign for it as I'll be at work but that is obviously not on taurus. So they received my pistol on the 7th and shipped it back out on the 12th. So the time-frame is impressive. Now we will see if it is fixed. If it operates as it should I will be impressed and ill have to find my next purchase/trade.
I will have the pistol hopefully by Monday unless FedEx delivers Saturday. And I will try and make it to the range this week to run a few hundred rounds through it and post an update

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My pistol is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I won't be around to sign for it as I'll be at work but that is obviously not on taurus. So they received my pistol on the 7th and shipped it back out on the 12th. So the time-frame is impressive. Now we will see if it is fixed. If it operates as it should I will be impressed and ill have to find my next purchase/trade.
I will have the pistol hopefully by Monday unless FedEx delivers Saturday. And I will try and make it to the range this week to run a few hundred rounds through it and post an update
"IMPRESSIVE" does not even begin to describe that turn around time for any manufacture....and especially for Taurus!!!! Hope it is (y)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Well here's the update
They retightened the sight and ran 11 rounds through it with no failure and sent it back. Went to the range and had failures to extract still and the front sight came loose again. Taurus's gunsmith must be incompetent. Not real pleased. Maybe the extraction issues are ammo related. They said they used winchester 115 grain, which is what I had been using so I used that first. My first mag had 5 or 6 failures to eject. Then tried magtech made it through a mag clean so tried winchester again with 1 failure. Then 3 more mags of magtech with no problems then finished the last 6 rounds of that and 5 umc no problem. Then loaded up another mag of umc and ran 5 rounds through before the sight came loose so 50 rounds of magtech and 10 umc no problems but in the wwb there were half a dozen failures in 22 rounds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I’m really sorry to hear it. Been there. Time to send it back till they
I’m really sorry to hear it. Been there. Time to send it back till they get it right.
They couldn't even put the sight back on properly. I think this time I'll send it to my gunsmith and make sure its right the first time. I am pretty upset that so little effort was put into the repairs. They knew I had 15 + failures and they only tried 11 rounds to duplicate? They also knew sometimes I could make it through several mags before a failure.
where the sight already popped off a drop of loctite would have been nice. The sight screw was also mangled upon me receiving the gun back so now I don't dare use the screw so I need a new one.
I know the issues aren't that huge but where nothing was done properly I am not sure I want them attempting again

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Agreed. If you’re going to take it to a Gunsmith why don’t you order the Ameriglo front site from Taurus? Think I paid around $30 and worth the upgrade.
I ordered it last night. Figured might as well have him throw that on too. I am sending a couple other guns in at the same time. I really just wish I had sent it in to him initially rather then waste my time. Live and learn I guess

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I ordered it last night. Figured might as well have him throw that on too. I am sending a couple other guns in at the same time. I really just wish I had sent it in to him initially rather then waste my time. Live and learn I guess
Does not sound like Georgia has it any better than Miami did. Sorry to hear about all this crap.

·
Super Moderator
38,628 Posts
Does not sound like Georgia has it any better than Miami did. Sorry to hear about all this crap.
I am reading 2 & 3 week turnarounds , if you were familiar with Miami this is a watershed event.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts

HEY!!
foul--foul--foul!!
just remember that these folks are NOT native Georgians, they are mostly Invaders from Brazil, New York, Kalifornia, or Mexico!
at least the heads of control are!

Plant Leisure Crowd Entertainment Fun

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Good deal. What was the issue with the Ruger?
My ruger is an sr22 and the last few times out it has also had a few failures to eject and locked up on me once. I believe it is an ammo issue potentially as the cases seem to be expanding as they need to be forced out when they do stick. (I think a bad batch of ammo) I just figured I would have him look at it while he has the taurus. The ruger has thousands of rounds through it and never had an issue before so at bare minimum a complete disassembly ( more than a field strip) and lube seems to be in order.
The price is right so why not right?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts