Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going back-and-forth between getting a GX4 or another Kahr. I really like the latest Taurus guns, unfortunately no one around has a GX4 in stock to handle. I can easily order online without handling one, but wanted to know the general consensus on the grip? Can you get a good 3 finger grip on the gun with average-sized hands? I hate having a pinky dangling off a gun, it just doesn't feel right to me, and I can't get a good purchase on the grip when unholstering unless it has a solid 3 finger grip. I am aware of the extended mags and Lakeline products, so a Lakeline pinky extension would be 1st purchase. If possible, could any of you post some pics of the GX4 in your hand with a grip? You can generally see when someone's hand size is close to yours. Sorry for such a strange request, but I want to be sure before I buy.
Thanks!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I can't get 3 fingers on it without the pinky extension, but I'm accustomed to shooting handguns of all sizes so the 2-finger grip isn't a problem for me. I ordered the Ameriglo front sight and two pinky extensions from Taurus before I even bought the gun. If you've ever handled a Glock 43, Sig P365 or Springfield Hellcat, they're dead-close in size. Also very close to the Glocks 26, 27 and 33 in grip length, but much slimmer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just went with the plus 2 extension did not add much to the grip length but I am able to get all 3 fingers on the grip.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Tough decision. I have both. The KAHR, in my opinion, is the best semi-auto handgun out there for social work. (i think the Ruger LCR holds that distinction if you like revolvers) I wear extra large gloves and can get a 3 finger grip on my CW9, but just barely.

I can not get 3 fingers on the grip of my GX4 with the 11 round magazines. The trade off is it is smaller than my KAHR CW9 and you get 4 more rounds. With the extended mags I can get 3 fingers on the grip, but honestly, I would rather have a dangling pinky than use the magazine as a grip.

·
Banned
157 Posts
For me i go with gx4 it much easier to control

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a CW9 and I found that the CW9 was very snappy, but it was a nice gun, and it has been a few years. The GX4 is as snappy as I considered my P365s, and I've heard the Hellcat is snappier so I'd infer that the GX4 isn't as bad. +0 pinky extensions on the GX4 make it a perfect fit, with the small included backstrap, just perfect.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm not particularly recoil sensitive. I don't see a lot of difference between my Glock 43, Sig p365, Hellcat and GX4. Though my Hellcat and GX4 may be just a touch more so. I was never a fan of Kahr until they bought Desert Eagle. I do love my Desert Eagle 1911s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Owned a Kahr P9, it shot well and soft for its size, My new Gx4 is a bit of a beast. I have smaller hands and 2 full fingers is all i can get on 11 rd mag. The pinky extensions are on their way :). BTW i installed a Hogue handall on the Gx4 from a Glock 26 and it fits very well
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
280 Posts
I ordered a Hogue for the 365XL for my GX4 so I can trim off the rest , should come in tomorrow Just In time for Range Weekend!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts