Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out to grab a haircut this morning between classes. As the girl is cutting my hair I hear something hit the floor over by the other station. I look over and among the pile of hair was a brand new looking pt111. I kind of chuckled but the girls working there were obviously nervous after that and the guy who dropped it scrambled from the chair to collect his weapon with a very unhappy look on his face. He apologized and said he had just gotten his carry permit and was still searching for a good holster.

When he left i told him to check us out here at TA for some good info. He thanked me and left, still looking very disappointed

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah a lot of people are nervous if they don't know someone and and they know they have a gun on them. I bet they were all uncomfortable after that (not to mention PT111's have been known to fire when dropped if there's one in the chamber and the safety is off).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Poor guy - I bet he had to break suction to get up out of the chair!
Break suction, ha! good one.I bet the wrinkles are still in the chair seat!

·
Registered
262 Posts
...not to mention PT111's have been known to fire when dropped if there's one in the chamber and the safety is off.
Do you have any sources for this? I've never heard this. I would also imagine the trigger safety and firing pin block would do their job still.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hate to say it because i realize that we all have to learn our own carry parameters, but that gives us all a bad name. You should be practicing at home and understanding what you can and can't do before you go out in public and create a risky and/or mwag situation. And for heavens sake, get a holster prior to taking it for a walk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have any sources for this? I've never heard this. I would also imagine the trigger safety and firing pin block would do their job still.
I've heard it here on this forum. I recall someone even mentioning someone getting shot when they dropped their pistol and it fired. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hate to say it because i realize that we all have to learn our own carry parameters, but that gives us all a bad name. You should be practicing at home and understanding what you can and can't do before you go out in public and create a risky and/or mwag situation. And for heavens sake, get a holster prior to taking it for a walk.
I agree, just because you get your CCW doesn't mean your ready for the world. Need to do your homework too.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
How was he carrying, gangster style?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good example of someone who didn't read the book and makes us all look bad. Wonder what would have happened if a uniformed officer was there?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Poor guy must have had to go home and change his underwear.
Yeah, along with the girls cutting hair there. I think people should be trained and coached then practice before they leave home with it. Very troubling situation. If a police officer had been there he would probably have lost the gun and his permit for carelessness and negligent handling of a deadly weapon. That place won't be seeing him again.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Like x 2^7. You should never be "stuffin' ya Glock in ya runnin' pants, homie" like that idiot football player did in NYC. Carrying a gun is serious business, and if you can't even get the carrying-part right, you probably won't have the mental chops to properly use it under stress.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wanna bet that the next time that you go there a "No Concealed Weapons" sign is on the door thanks to this ignoramous!!!

When my buddy and I took our CWP course back in January he had and empty ankle holster on, I thought it was funny since it takes 90 days here for issue. I've been toting my gun for several weeks now and miss it when I have to go somewhere in the car. Even then I just put the gun in the console before backing out of the driveway. When I get back the gun gets holstered again. At the start I identified a few problems and then worked on adjustments and fixes.
Fatboy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts