Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyne ever buy anything from this website...I am little iffy on ow it all works..seems like you can purchase a pistol, rifle, whataver, but it can only be shipped to a FFL dealer. Is that a federally licensed firearm dealer? :???:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It runs basically on the same principles as gunbroker.com---register for an account, bid on or buy guns, and have them shipped to an FFL holder. Kind of like an eBay for firearms. Never used it personally.

And yes, an FFL is a Federal Firearms License holder.

·
Administrator
40,591 Posts
Never bought anything here, but you are right about the FFL. It is a federally licensed firearms dealer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's the standard practice for buying firearms other than face to face. The FFL holder then does the proper paper work when you pick up the gun. Most charge a transfer fee along with the paperwork, so add that into the cost of the firearm.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've never used GA but I've sold 2 pistols on gunbroker. Both times the handgun was shipped to a gun shop (aka Federal Firearms License holder).

I don't have any serious reservations in regards to the system. But you don't know how honest a given seller is. If you aren't sure you should be able to look at their feedback from previous sales and see how they went.

Steelheart

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone...been looking at the site, and found a real great deal on a beretta 2FS..seller only wants 419.00, brand new, box never opened..but when you add the shipping, and insurance and the transfer fee, it comes close to what I can get it for at Sportsmens World..

thats why ya gotta ask around!!

·
Super Moderator
21,901 Posts
yep, One gun shop I called wanted $75 to do the transfer and paperwork you can imagine my responce. I used to have a guy that ran a pawn shop about 2 min from my house he charged me $10 plus Instant check we did buisness for over 10 years then he retired, I'm still crying :'(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh man that stinks!! I was just browsing gunbrokers.com, and they have some great deals on pistols...I found an FFL here in Lexington that will charge 20 for the transfer...plus tax, but thats not a bad deal

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Also check the deals over at Buds Gun Shop, an online distributor. Sometimes you can get them cheaper there, than bidding at Auction. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

I have sold some Guns over at Gunbroker.com, but I have usually gotten more than a fair shake from my local dealer in buying.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've bought from gunbroker with no problems.
I've bought and sold on auctionarms.com and prefer that site
to the rest.

I've been seeing some great deals at CDNN as well.
You'll need to download the catalog and call them for
prices until you get on the mailing/emailing list.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that info Justus

·
Registered
84 Posts
SCGirl said:
oh man that stinks!! I was just browsing gunbrokers.com, and they have some great deals on pistols...I found an FFL here in Lexington that will charge 20 for the transfer...plus tax, but thats not a bad deal
I was wondering who your FFL is. Im in lexington too. I had a FFL i used last year but i dont remember what he charged me and i dont see him on any of the website listings anymore.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
45 Forever said:
yep, One gun shop I called wanted $75 to do the transfer and paperwork you can imagine my responce.
It was probably like mine when I was going to buy an AK47. The owner told me he would do the transfer for $25. Then I told him what gun it was. He told me that since he sold that same gun the transfer would be $50. My response was more of an action. No words. I just turned around and left.

I bought 2 off of gunbroker. Both transactions were smooth.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I've used GA twice, but I have a C&R license and both purchases were covered by that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a RB 45colt through GA, great deal, and the transaction was smooth once I finally found a local ffl here that would do his part. Went looking in the local shops today at some AR-15's, looks like I will be guying more through GA, not only for parts I want, but without the attitude as well.
john

·
Registered
959 Posts
I bought my "JUDGE" on GA... No Problem...<:))

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Hey Sarge----you don't find 'em at that price anymore. ;)

I got my matte 3-inch stainless over a year ago for $419 and I've recently seen them in Cabela's for $619. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts