Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Taurus bought Heritage the first they did was kill heritage version of the judge because they didn’t want the competition. Even though they own the competition. Dumb move. Then they killed the 44/40 ,next they killed that ugly 32HR mag that black paint job that was all steel. Also a dumb move. Why is it when a company buys another gun company the first thing they do is gut the inventory of the other guy. Not a dumb move but an asinine move.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
If you buy a company, you as the purchaser should be able to run the company as you see fit. Hopefully that fits in with what the consumer wants as well, but sometimes that's not the case.

Getting rid of the 44-40 seems like getting rid of a little used caliber. No offense. And, most gun companies are moving away from true bluing and going with that flat black finish that I don't care for, but probably costs much less. Taurus isn't the only company doing this, you can see that easily enough for yourself. If you don't like it, buy the company and do what you want.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
That's the reason a company buys its competition. One of the prime examples is Cedar Fair Entertainment. The bought one of the oldest amusement parks in Ohio - Geauga Lake Park (which had combined with Sea World), make it a Six Flags Park, then realized that there was too much competition to Cedar Point and shut it down. That's life. That's business. And that's capitalism.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Just like all major corporations, Taurus has an entire department dedicated to figuring out the complexities of how to keep a business afloat and profitable for as long as possible.
With all due respect, I'm betting they're a bit better at it than you or I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts