Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are like me, you had to trade to try a new gun. One gun I had was an Intratec Protec-25 Auto. One of the smallest pocket guns I ever owned. Being a little leery of the 25 Auto, I sold it and bought the OMC Backup in 380. That was a nice pocket gun, but alas, I traded it for something else. I went through quite a few pocket guns including derringers and settled on the Beretta 3032 Tomcat as my current pocket gun.

Any other experiences?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I gave up a Springfield XD40 during the great ammo shortage, because I couldn’t afford to feed it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Way too many to list! Trading was my way of trying different guns and finding out what I liked. These days I'm working to acquire some of the ones I wish I had never let go. The Rossi 720 was at the top of my list for many years before I finally found another a little over a year ago. In fact, just yesterday I traded an extra M&P Shield 45 I had to get back the Taylors & Co Uberti 1873 I got rid of last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Consigned or sold various firearms over the last few decades, including the following:
- A complete S&W "K-frame" caliber collection that had the K-22, K-32, and K-38.
- Various other S&W revolvers including K, L, and N-frame .357 Magnums, .44 Magnums, and .38 Specials.
- Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 Magnum and 44VH .44 Magnum.
- A pre '64 Winchester Model 70 in .270 Winchester.

Today, I am down to about 10 firearms, and will soon look into thinning the herd of those I just don't use often enough to keep anymore. Somebody else can enjoy the firearms I had more than I am currently.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,832 Posts
Mine was a canoe, same result.

:(

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am more of an accumulator than a collector, and the only gun I ever got rid of was a Windicator. I wanted to like it but it just wasn't any good, so I traded it back to the dealer within about a week, and some additional cash for a GP-100. I'm not sorry I tried it as I broadened my knowledge of guns. The itch I thought it would scratch eventually was by my 856 a few years later. Funny how the Taurus was similar price but way better quality, even comparing one as 357 and the other a 38.

I would like to not-own my NAA guardian 32. It is about the worst one I have experienced, and in trying to make it work I wasted a lot of time, effort and money. It works now, and by that I mean it will fire rounds the first time mostly, and not break parts too often. But it is a marvel to look at except where I took a file to it to make it not jump out of my hand. It lives in the bad neighborhood of my safe, where my Seecamps are afraid to go at night, they take a P32 with them when they have to.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dozens per year traded or sold off over last few years

Dozens acquired each year as well

i have to buy- sell- trade often to experience all manners of firearms cause I ain't Richie Rich

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
When I think of the stuff that has slipped through my fingers, I get all choked up - more ways than one.

There was that RG-10 22LR revolver, cast pot-metal and all. Then the S-42 Luger, with the Hanel magazies.

Of course, there was a Winchester 94 in 30-30 Win that was all I salvaged (besides my three kiddies) from the flaming Hell that was my first marriage.

Forty pounds or so of various pocket-pistols, including my very first QUALITY S&W 36 Chief's Special.

That Win M-70 in 243 - - -ooooh!

That old JCHiggins 12 ga from the 50's that after my son shot the end off the barrel (fired it with a wad of mud inside it) it finally fit and swung just right! and I broke my first string of fifty with it.

The NEW 1903-A3 still in the arsenal box went to support my reloading habit when I got serious about 9mm's. Rats!

Still looking for a home for the Model 19-3 set.

That stuff has all gone to new homes where the shooters still appreciate them - except that RG-10. It finally drew blood when it spit lead, so I dropped it into the furnace, and watched it clinker in minutes.

Now, I'm in "downsize mode", and my kids and grandkids have a good bit of what was worth anything. Still have enough to outfit the gang when we go to the range, though.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Had a Llama 1911 9mm Parabellum was just a hunk of junk. A real stinker. Put on consignment at my LGS a got rid of it. Another one was a Taurus TCP380 (precursor to the Spectrum) jam-o-matic. Over the course of 3 months it had various failures every 5 or so rounds. Tried everything and every different ammo. It was suggested that I send it back for service but knowing Taurus rep for Customer Service I declined. I traded it in at Cabela's for a Ruger LCPII and never looked back. The Ruger is solid as a rock. The only gun that I truly regret selling was a S&W .44 Special Patrol that my dad had gotten from a highway patrolman friend of his. I got it when my dad passed. Sold it years ago when I needed the money before I was a highly paid celebrity chef. :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Mine are all at the bottom of the River following a boating accident and are irretrievable, My only means of defense is now a sharp stick, which will probable soon be banned by the Dem party.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Star Starfire .45 and a Rossi Cyclops are the main ones that I should not have sold......................

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
HMM??
lets see now --traded off first wife, sold three chilcdren but i thunk I still got all my Firearms?

Nope that's right the 24/7 OSS, the 24/7 C in 9 MM and a 709 went down the road, never mind!

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I still have every gun that I ever purchase, except for the ones that were on the Taurus recall. When I received the G2-c's from Taurus for the recall Those 2 guns I turned in to purchase a Shield 2.0Z

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have traded exactly 2 guns - at one time I had all three PT24/7G2C's - 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. I traded the .40S&W for a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact (also in .40S&W), and the .45ACP for a Para Ordinance P10-45. I do not regret either trade.Taurus was not able to supply mags to me the entire time I had them and then they discontinued the model completely.

Both the PX4 and the p10-45 are great pistols.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I don't regret any of the firearms I have gotten rid of.The ones I hold in a good light were Colt Delta Elite 10mm,Kimber custom eclipse in 10mm,HK USP compact in .357 sig,sks paratrooper,Winchester defender sxp semi auto 12 ga with a 20" barrel,and a 6" Smith and Wesson model 58 in 41 magnum.

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Gave one as a gift and promptly replaced it with another one, same model.
Bought 1 from a friend and a year later he really wanted it back. Made me an offer to good to refuse. Fixed sights were way off, no love loss there.

The rest I still have.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Smith and Wesson Model 66 -- 4"
Smith and Wesson Model 66 -- 2 1/2"
Colt Government Models (2X)
Colt Python (4" nickel)
Smith and Wesson Model 58
Smith and Wesson M&P .45 (1.0)
Sig Sauer P220 (European version with magzine release on butt)
Sig Sauer P230
AMT backup in 380 (wouldn't even feed FMJ)
Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Way too many to list! Trading was my way of trying different guns and finding out what I liked. These days I'm working to acquire some of the ones I wish I had never let go. The Rossi 720 was at the top of my list for many years before I finally found another a little over a year ago. In fact, just yesterday I traded an extra M&P Shield 45 I had to get back the Taylors & Co Uberti 1873 I got rid of last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Been there, done that...way too much. The only way I trade off anything now, is if the one I am trading really sucks or I just do not use it anymore. I don't have much of that left now, so I guess I will not be doing that much anymore.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts