Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Florida, with it's new Ag. Commissioner is turning into NY/NJ
She's going after people who have Concealed Weapons Licenses for infractions that have nothing to do with CWL's.

They're coming after our guns, boys.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
RT, I haven't heard anything at all about the new commissioner doing this. Educate me my friend I guess I have not been watching the right news.

Don

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Florida, with it's new Ag. Commissioner is turning into NY/NJ
She's going after people who have Concealed Weapons Licenses for infractions that have nothing to do with CWL's.

They're coming after our guns, boys.
Yeah, You Floridians really took it on the chin following the MSD school shooting last year. Dropped from # 12 to # 23.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
That was a sad look in the rear-view mirror. I can really feel a shift (DOWN hill) moving from #9-TEXAS to #40-CO, and it's only going to get worse! :mad:

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see Oklahoma is #6 last year, down from #4 in 2017, thanks to Mary Fallon's veto of Constitutional Carry. Since Gov. Stitt signed the new version of Constitutional Carry into law recently, I wonder where we'll end up in the 2019 rating.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Arizona: We are STILL #1 !!!!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If this is not the appropriate place for this, I apologize in advance. I remember seeing this in my email and I'm passing it on to inform you about the issue: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-permit-system-into-a-bureaucratic-nightmare/
Looks like you’re new and would like to extend to you a welcome to our little corner of the world - from West Georgia!

Normally, I would recommend info like this in our “Concealed and Open Carry” section but it is very appropriate in the discussion here.

Keep in mind that the G&A ranking is based on an OVERALL scoring of many differing laws and rules of gun ownership, rights to purchase, exclusions of certain models and patterns, etc - NOT just a gun carry/permitting issue. And, based on the accompanying article, the “Miscellaneous” category is responsible for the most significant movement of states in their respective ranking.

Attachments

Reactions: OKNewshawk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Keep in mind that the G&A ranking is based on an OVERALL scoring of many differing laws and rules of gun ownership, rights to purchase, exclusions of certain models and patterns, etc - NOT just a gun carry/permitting issue.
I understand that. If you look at the 2017 and 2018 ratings, the one thing that lowered Oklahoma from 4th to 6th was Fallon's Constitutional Carry veto. I am speculating as to whether the passage and signing into law of the 2019 version will be enough to restore that rating.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
I wonder what kept Texas from getting a 10, instead of a 9 in Castle Doctrine?

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder what kept Texas from getting a 10, instead of a 9 in Castle Doctrine?
Does an inactive state legislature help with your question?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I love living in Kentucky.

Reactions: pegasus
1 - 19 of 19 Posts