Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read something about it here somewhere, sometime.
I had some HS-6 left over, maybe enough for 8-10 rounds.
But since I have a whole lot of HP-38, I decided to try it.
Dumped half on the 4 potted tomato plants and the other half on the 4 potted green pepper plants.
The tomato plants have grown a foot in 5 days and the peppers have grown 6 to 8 inches.

The HS-6, not the HP-38!!!!!

Administrator
My garden is gonna need help this year. But traditional fertilizer will be a whole lot cheaper than gunpowder. The government might question why I needed so much. i think I'll just fertilize my firearms with gunpowder, until I win the lottery. Then I may fertilize everything with it! :D

Registered
That's pretty interesting. We haven't planted yet, and with the terrible year we had with tomatoes last year, we need all the help we can get!

Registered
That's how I dispose of old gunpowder I don't feel confident with anymore -- I fertilize something with it.

Re tomatoes, my grandmother's old trick was when she moved tomatoes from the starter shed to the ground, she'd light an entire book of matches at once (they used to be free at some places), then blow them out and drop them in the hole and transplant the tomato bush on top of them. Her plants always seemed to do well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
That's how I dispose of old gunpowder I don't feel confident with anymore -- I fertilize something with it.

Re tomatoes, my grandmother's old trick was when she moved tomatoes from the starter shed to the ground, she'd light an entire book of matches at once (they used to be free at some places), then blow them out and drop them in the hole and transplant the tomato bush on top of them. Her plants always seemed to do well.
Would have been better to just bury them without burning.
Part of the composition of matches is Potassium Nitrate.
(I worked at Ohio Match chem lab back in 1970-71)

Registered
I believe that works because if the nitrogen you can use spent primers too but don't use too much cause there is a lot of lead as well. someone correct me if i'm wrong but I would stick to flowers and not food

1 - 10 of 10 Posts