Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this in the Firing line section, but it won't let me post anything in that section, acts like I'm not signed in. OTOH, I can see and post in all the other sections, and has my username at the top right. ???? If a mod wants to move it to the firing line, please do.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/texas-gun-store-criticized-for-back-school-firearms-sale-sign/Gi7Ll93kkxUzO5AhpouLCP/

Simons' husband, who is an educator, told the television station he thought the juxtaposition of guns and school was a bad decision.
Maybe. I think schools would be safer if there were guns in them, as in guns in the right hands, not just mass shooters who will ignore any "no guns" laws or signs anyway.

"In the current climate and in the current culture where we have school shootings just constantly, mass shootings just constantly, it seems like a real poor choice of words," he told KTRK.
If I still owned a gun store it's not words I would've used.

A spokesman for the Boyert Shooting Center told the television station the sale was the culmination of a summer-long promotion. The store also promoted the sale on its Facebook page.
Why not just say, "End of summer sale" then?

·
Super Moderator
13,763 Posts
Moved to the Firing Line per OP request. Let me know via PM if anyone has trouble accessing the Firing Line.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah, sorry, but given the current trend off school shootings, this was an extremely stupid idea for a sales promotion at best, if not a deliberately insensitive attempt to gain notoriety through infamy orchestrated by a total fool.

Honestly, even if this was intended as a tongue-in-cheek joke that teachers ought to be armed in order to combat school shootings, only a total fool would overlook the obvious way it could be horribly misinterpreted.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
I can see it's maybe not the best choice of words, but unlike the folks in the article, I try to keep my panties unknocked over every little thing I see these days.
OK, as usual no sense of Humor, and yes an actual school shooting is not humorous but then its also not advertising!
soo why no uproar in the new fad of bullet proof (which should be bullet resistive) back packs?
just trying to get in extra sales due to the publicity and fear of the recent shootings.
like a child is going to be calm enough or even realize that someone is shooting at them to raise the back pack and deflect the projectile like Wonder Woman does with her bracelet---Come on parents get real, maybe a lucky stop IF a shooter does show up and fire but that's about it.
hey lets go tear down a few statues to protest this should make us feel better!

Reactions: darbo and Ironmagz

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Moved to the Firing Line per OP request. Let me know via PM if anyone has trouble accessing the Firing Line.
WAIT A MINUTE!!
how can you use the word "Firing" in your response after all the recent shootings!!
I am highly offended and think I need to go have a few Beers and maybe go burn flag or two!!!
typed while kneeling at my Key Board!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having spent most of my working life in the radio/television broadcasting industry, I had a lot of involvement with creating advertising messages. Someone once mentioned to me that "it's important to understand that how something is perceived is more important that what it actually is." Even though this "Back to School" sale title isn't meant to be grim, given the current political climate, I also find the choice of words to be off-putting when I put myself in the shoes of anti-gun zealots. Why give them yet another thing over which to get all worked-up?

Reactions: pegasus

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE!!
how can you use the word "Firing" in your response after all the recent shootings!!
I am highly offended and think I need to go have a few Beers and maybe go burn flag or two!!!
typed while kneeling at my Key Board!!!!
E58DD224-2669-41F4-9BE8-A3F457419323.jpeg

Dude, been waitin’ for this’un For a loooong time!

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 10 of 10 Posts