Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
never been to one...are they really worth it to go to? just got my tax return and im looking to get a new piece :guns:...just contemplating on waiting a month and half to go to this show...

Administrator
Oh yeah, they are worth it. Lots of goodies other than guns available. Grips, brass, bullets, well everything. Gets me all excited. :yipee:

Registered
Are you interested in any firearm in particular or whatever may catch your eye while there?

Registered
never pass up a trip to a gun show. take your son or sons if you have any. i remember my father taking me when i was young. great bonding plus i picked up my current hobby. guns. its also a good chance to catch some great deals on everything. my buddy picked up a glock last year and they gave him an instant $200 rebate. how sweet is that. always a must to stock up on ammo. good deals. little piece of info i learned the hard way....set yourself a spending limit before you go. take cash and leave plastic at home.

Registered
I did a post about it a while back, this is the best time of year for deals because it's tax season and people got credit cards to pay off from Christmas. One rule of thumb is try to barter, be polite, but have the ability to walk away and you will be happy with the buy. Also cash talks louder than anything else when making a deal.

Registered
I think it varies with what part of the country you are in. Up here I've basically stopped going to show as there isn't much that interests me. But I've handled and/or shot most of what interests me....

And up this way you don't see the great deals on ammo. For that matter, there isn't much ammo there in the first place.

I mainly go to shows to either try and handle something I'm thinking about getting or to show a new shooter different guns that I don't own.

Steelheart

Registered
I always go all the local shows around me, figure at the very least I will be showing my support for the sport of firearms ownership just by being there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Smokewagon said:
Oh yeah, they are worth it. Lots of goodies other than guns available. Grips, brass, bullets, well everything. Gets me all excited. :yipee:
thats sounds good to me...think i'll wait for it :D
Taurus_9mm said:
Are you interested in any firearm in particular or whatever may catch your eye while there?
yes i am...im looking for an olympic arms 1911, charles daly 1911 or a llama 1911 NIB...oh also a fireproof gunsafe...big enough to hold 4 or 5 handguns
Steelheart said:
I think it varies with what part of the country you are in.
well i am in florida...would that make a difference?
rwcreigh said:
you can get some real good deals at budsgunshop.com too
yeah i looked there but they are like almost always out of stock...

appreciate the responses ppl too btw :thumb:

Registered
Deffinitly ;)
There is so much more than just guns..
You can find just about anything for any gun you own...

I think it varies with what part of the country you are in.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if some gun shows are better than others because of the state that they are in..
Arizona has some really good gun shows :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Taurus_9mm said:
oh i was doing some browsing and the kel-tec p11 has caught my eye as well...just worried about it biting my big ass hand lol

Registered
dbsoundguy said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if some gun shows are better than others because of the state that they are in..
Arizona has some really good gun shows :)
Definitely. I am in Georgia and the Gun Shows are pretty good in my area. When I lived in South Florida however, the gun shows I went to were so much better.... probably a different outfit running the show.

Registered
gun shows are fun, the key is having an open mind to a deal, and being able to walk away from one. i go based on my wallet, if it has some green in it i go, if it don't i stay home, because i can't walk away from a deal, i will get money from somewhere. some good examples of deals i got is a pt 140 for $150, and a 338 win mag mountain rifle (700 remington) for $320. sometimes the best part of gun shows is the ftf handshake deals, and yes that does make a difference on some of the stuff i buy.

two examples of deals i didn't have green for were an M1 garand for $300 and the semi auto barrett 50 bmg for $4000, that poor guy was so damned tired from dragging that thing around, he probably would have taken $3000 just so he could go home.

Registered
rwcreigh said:
you can get some real good deals at budsgunshop.com too
im a little pissed off at them right now.. it's been over a week and they still have'nt shipped my order out.

anyway they have gun shows about every 4-6 weeks around here.. usually at the mall the thing is they want 7 bucks just to get in the door.. thats fine if i find a deal, 7 bucks aint much but if i dont find anything worth buying im just out 7 bucks and it adds up if you take a few people with you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
i have also heard (in my state anyway, Florida) you can purchase a firearm at a gun show and leave with it right there without a concealed permit...any truth to this?

Registered
I attend everyone I possibly can, although I have never seen a bargin at one. There does tend to be a lot of crap there, springs magazines and parts to everythng imaginable, looks like a swap meet at times. I go to look around and enjoy the crowd. I see a lot of familiar faces and talk to a few regulars. In missouri you can buy the gun and have it in your hands in 5 minutes or less. Then carry it around with you, buy a holster, ammo, whatever all with in minutes.

Super Moderator
I just got back from one and it was packed even the over flow parking was full there was some good deals and some not. Make sure you walk the whole show before spending any money. You may save a lot of money just down a booth or two. I've seen the same gun for several hundred less just down the way. I paid $10 to get in for a two day pass spent $25 bucks and shot the bull with a bunch of really good guys I just met for a couple of hours I'd say money well spent plus I think I'll go back tomorrow and buy that holster I almost bought I just could'nt figure out what gun to buy it for LOL. In TN you pay for the gun go to the insta-check booth they call and check you out sign your form and you walk away with your gun.

Registered
just went to a show in columbus ga yesterday. it was a r&k show. im partial to the eastman shows. didnt find any deals that jumped out at me. normally i can get a few good deals on ammo, sometimes reloads. not this time. i did however walk out with 1 box of 20 .45 acp black talons! 80 bucks. that was the highlight of my trip. now that ammo will go to the closet with the rest.

Registered
I do not know from personal experience, but I have watched people buying guns. In Kentucky, they run the background check at the dealer's table. If you clear, you pay for the gun and walk away with it. Tat being said, Kentucky is an open carry state. Your state's laws may be different. Also, I would assume if you don't have a CCDW, bought a weapon and concealed it on your person or in your vehicle and got caught by a LEO, you would be in trouble. Although, I don't think that would be the case if the weapon was in the factory box or disabled.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts