Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to a gun show in Great Falls today, usually a pretty good show, draws from a wide area, should be 500+ tables. I'm going to carry my Lew Horton S&W Model 624, 44 Special with me. The S&W box from the '80's always gets attention. I'll let it go for the right price, maybe!!
I'll report on the show later in the day.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Have fun!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sold off a Lew Horton S&W Model 624, made money on it. Found a NIB Lyman Tang sight for my 1936 Savage Model 99, 30-30. The sight is older than my gun, that's GRATE!!!!!!!!!!, as Tony sez.
Also found a very nice 1969 Colt PPS in 38 Special, it came home, too.
Components for hand loading in good supply, prices high but not outrageous, except powder------NONE.
People were spending money, good sign.
Ammunition was priced way high. 22 LR was 7$ a box of 50, lots of 223 there, high!! Hand gun ammo was spotty and high.
There were well over 500 tables and no room for more, and every table was in use, lots of people, good mood all round, people were happy to be there, vendors were glad to see us. Parking free, admission is 5$ for the entire 3 day show. Cheap entertainment!!
I'm thinking about going back in the morning, there is another Colt and a S&W that are drawing me. It's only 80 miles round trip, easy!!

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
THanks for the nice report

jhp

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did have a good time!! I'm considering going back; there is a 2nd Generation Colt SAA, 7 1/2" 38 Special there. They only made them for three years, '55-'57. This is dated to 1957, nice gun, priced a little high at 2250$, but if he would come off it 20% I'd go for it. Haven't made a decision!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Going to a gun show in Great Falls today, usually a pretty good show, draws from a wide area, should be 500+ tables. I'm going to carry my Lew Horton S&W Model 624, 44 Special with me. The S&W box from the '80's always gets attention. I'll let it go for the right price, maybe!!
I'll report on the show later in the day.

I might have to go to this. I forgot there was a show going on. I thought it was just a quilt show!!!....

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Quilt show is in the north end of the 4 Seasons Arena, the gun show is in the south end.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went back to the gun show this morning. Tried to deal on a Colt SAA 38 Special from 1957, failed!! Did find a S&W Model 10-5, 6"; really nice, good price, it came home. So in total I got the Lyman Tang sight for my Savage 99, a Colt PPS, 5", 38 Special and the S&W 10-5. All in all a very successful visit over two days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Wow. Those are beauties. I especially like the pencil barrel on the Smith and Wesson. That's really nice Colt too!!
Being from CA, I just can't imagine picking up the purchase the same time you pay for it!!!! I'd love to say, "I'll take it." and walk away with my new gun. Awsome!!!!
Nice tang sight. I'm jealous....LOL

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I paid and walked off with them. Private sale on the Colt, no 4473 to fill out. I have my CCL so not a problem anyway.

·
Registered
940 Posts
This wonderful state we live in doesn't require any wait period. If you have your conceal carry permit it neagtes the background call everytime you buy a gun. I love it when I want to buy a gun and show the CCW or CCL, they salesman loves it too.....one less thing he has to do to get the sale.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I really appreciate the CC permit. I don't CC very often but I do buy guns from dealers quite often. The other aspect of living in this state is private FTF sales. Gun exchanges hands with the money, end of transaction. Good deal!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts