Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun show in town this weekend and can't decide weather to hit the range for a planned shoot or attend gun show. Only have one day available to my self you know wife and all. What would you do?

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Range! Unless your gun shows are a lot better than the miserable flea markets around here I would much rather shoot.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
If you don't mind not buying anything, the gun show will be best. Gun shows around here don't have much to offer...don't know what it's like where you live. So, contrary to what you think, the gun show would be cheapest fun...that's why I say go to the gun show.

But...shooting would be the most fun ;)

·
Administrator
40,549 Posts
Well, I can shoot, just about anytime. So, I guess I'd take in the gun show. Even better, would be to do both!

Gun shows around here don't come around as often as shooting opportunities do.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are about 5 to 6 gun shows a year around me. Not needing anything right now although my kids really like those MRE'S . Leaning toward the range with 2 son's.

·
Super Moderator
35,526 Posts
I shot today. I just walk outside. Of course, it's not a club competition. I don't belong to a club anymore. It's a 100 mile drive to the club I was in and I know of none around here, except my back yard.

SO, I'd go to the gun show, even though the ones around here are usually lame as heck.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I'll add one more for the range.

If your gun shows are anything like the ones here in the Phoenix area, they are like trying to buy Christmas gifts on Black Friday in a crowded mall. I'll pass on that right now. Plus, most of the guns I would be interested in are way overpriced, and the people selling are offended that you know what the right price should be. Occasionally, you may find the one or two people that have something good and are not price gouging, or are just ready to leave and will take your fair offer so they don't have to carry the gun back home with them. But, those opportunities are very few and very far between.

I just prefer to go to the range and send projectiles through paper than go to a gun show and deal with people that make you want to send projectiles through them.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
First thing that I would do is check with my next door neighbor and see if he was going to drive, pay my way into the gun show then buy me lunch for going with him!
if not then I go shoot!
I find gun shows about as interesting as watching soap operas on TV.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Go to the gun show, buy something, then take it to the range and shoot it! Problem solved! But if you have to do only 1 -> range time!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
If you have the whole day you could do both but I'd rather play with my own gun than gawk at someone else's if I really had to choose.

Not sure that came out right...

Event Photo caption

·
Registered
692 Posts
Gun Show; one never knows what one might just find sitting on a table waiting upon you.:D

Reactions: BangBang
1 - 19 of 19 Posts