Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a headsup in case anyone is close enough and interested in a gun show . It will be at the Horseshoe Arena on IS20 in Midland Tx . I plan on going unless something drastic comes up . No looking for anything in particular but it’s fun seeing what’s available .

anything in particular but it’s fun seeing what’s available .

https://www.midlandhorseshoe.com/

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm local, but I'm staying away from gun shows and gunshops. I can't afford to spend any money right now. Just bought a vehicle, and I'm looking at around $10K in dental surgery expense for my son, so no guns for me this year or probably next year.

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
If you attend, Ron, mind giving us a range report? Some of our members have reported disappointment recently in gun shows that they have visited. I'd like to read your thoughts on that gun show.

·
Administrator
39,696 Posts
Silver Spur Gun & Blade shows are usually pretty good. Same folks that do them in Lubbock.

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let all know when I check it out . I do know in the past they have had lots of pistols but not many rifles and SGs' . A lot of coins and odd ball stuff and quite a lot of military items as well as knifes . Problem I've seen in the past is prices are not that good as expected . I seen a lot before that had prices comparable to online gun stores . lots' of holsters but none I liked for my guns . Yes some have been disappointing but I've missed the last 2 gun shows and hoping this one will be better . Last one I went to I bought an ounce of silver in a bar for about $26.00 I think . Jewelry has never been an attention getter for me . What I do know is ammo is just as cheap at the local Academy or on line . Anyway i'll give headsup later this weekend .

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
If buying from a ffl vendor with a table in the show, I have found it best to go on the last day, usually a Sunday. If a vendor has had a slow show, he will usually come nearer making a deal so he can pay his expenses.

I also try to buy cars from a Dealership towards the end of the month as salespeople and sales managers are looking to increase the bonus' that most dealerships have.

·
Registered
31,902 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got out and went for a few hours . I’ll tell you up front I didn’t buy one single item but before you stop reading hear me out , it’s short but sweet . First off going Sunday wasn’t quite as busy as Saturday so that made it nice . What i will say is i think everyone here would have loved it ! More guns than i have seen in a long time . There was s mix of high and low prices everywhere . Some had prices comparable to store bought and some had really good prices . Had i had the money to blow i would have come home with a few very nice shotguns . Rifles from what i seen were over priced for used . Now i know nothing about AR type rifles but there were probably over several hundred for sale as low as $395 for a .223 type . Saw quite a few SxS that were really nice with good prices . Not as many Taurus pistols as before but most i seen were pretty much new prices . Lot’s of Kimbers there with some high prices more than i would pay upward a grand or more .

Now those that are really big knife enthusiasts would have really liked it too . Lots of knifes anywhere from folders to throwers to bowies and home forged . Several places were forged and that was spotted right off being rough finishes and high prices . Myself even forged I won’t pay $200.00 for a 6” blade bowie with pits still showing . The show Forged in Fire made these guys at the show look bad :( . But plenty of other knifes but i was disappointed when i saw alot of Ka-Bar military knifes selling for about 40% more that Amazon sells them for . Even with the scheraded blades . Quite abit of old military knifes and equipment but none to my interest .

All in all you could have a good time there but you really had to search for good prices but alot of venders were willing to deal on prices if persuaded friendly . What i wish is to have a couple grand to blow and bring home some nice toys but I didn’t. But some others might be able to . I do believe tho that quite a few ARs’ were taken home !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts