Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local gun shop today I noticed a customer who was having a hard time deciding on a gun to buy. He must of said 1/2 a dozen times that this just doesn't feel right in my hands. The guy behind the counter which I never seen before told him that no gone will fit perfect and he should be more concerned about reliability than feel. I butted in and asked the man if he tried the 24/7. He said he never heard of it. I told him how great it felt in my hands and that I believe that it is very important for a gun to be comfortable in your hands. I received a nasty look from the counter guy and he said they didn't have any. They actually had 2 which I pointed out to the customer than walked away. I don't know if the customer actually looked at it or not but I was shocked at this employee. :mad:
I understand that they make more money on more expensive guns but why not give him a chance to look at the taurus. If a customer doesn't like the selection he's not going to buy anything at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are those that wil critisize you for interfering in the sale or possible sale.... and there are those that will say you did right. I am the latter. I don't condone interfering in sales as we do not know what may or may not have occured prior to our arrival on the scene. On the other hand sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
was'nt the 24/7 NRA handgun of the year 2005 or something like that.

uh anyway i usually dont speak up unless it's something big.. or unless i like the gun i'll comment somewhat.

some shops get PO'ed something fierce if you interrupt a sale, others will break out into friendly conversation it really depends on the staff/store..

the ones that get really pissed are usually the ones more worried about pushing the gun on the customer then doing good business.

and i disagree with that guy ya sure reliability is important but feel and the way the gun handles is more important.. the gun should fit like a glove.. ok sure you can make some adjustments, change grips, sights and things but the gun should have a decent feel to it.. if you're not happy with the way it feels you'll probably not do very good with it.

the way it handles is IMO the foundation for everything else you'll do with the gun.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've put my two cents in a few times, but only to reinforce what the salesman is saying. My rule is if he's giving good advice, throw in a "He's right". If he's talking like a jerk, I keep my mouth shut. Not there to start an argument, just there to look at guns thank you. Besides, I can argue all I want, but he'll still be a jerk.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think it was already said but...people are just trying to push the more expensive guns. We have a gun shop like that in Colorado Springs. When I went there to look at the Taurus, and ready to buy, they just snubbed there nose at me. So I left and went to another gun shop where it was a little cheaper anyway. I don't ever mention the name of the place when I am talking about guns to people and if they bring it up I tell them to avoid it. My only hope is that if people start to go there then they will change thir attitude.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Gun shops like this one shouldn't even bother to sell Taurus products. My local shop has no bias when customers are in the store and will show them everything in the case until they find one that feels good. That's how to make a sale.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I would have done the same as you Weaponize. I have had several people hold my 24/7 and everyone likes it. That was my main reason for buying it. Nothing else felt as good as it does in my hands.

·
Registered
117 Posts
when I bought my 140 PRO they were the only guns he had left, aside form a fully loaded Springfeild Armory 1911. I deal with small local shops in WV though, i really dont like to even go in big shops it just seems to impersonal to me, like the cabellas gander mts and etc

·
21,932 Posts
The shop I deal with here is called Dave's Guns and Guy Stuff. If you caught some of the gun history shows on discovery or the history channel you probably have seen him. He's a big guy with a beard and the clips I saw were him describing some old handguns.

Anyway I went to school with Dave so I have known him for years. There isn't anything this guy doesn't know about guns. I would say he is an expert. Now if you believe what I say then take this into account. He is a gun expert and he sells Taurus guns. He also likes Taurus guns. My observation is if a guy with Dave's knowledge and experiance likes Taurus then chances are Taurus is a good product.

If you go into his shop and ask about any brand he will give you his opinion. I have heard him say negative things about certain guns. The difference with him is he will always back it up with facts and experiance. I have learned alot hanging around Dave's.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The two I frequent hold no bias against Taurus and both stock many of their firearms. One is also an authorized Hi-Point dealer and moves their products with regularity.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
The two I frequent hold no bias against Taurus and both stock many of their firearms. One is also an authorized Hi-Point dealer and moves their products with regularity.
my younger brother has a high point in 9mm, and it shoots well enogh, but it has this peephole sight that i absoutly hate.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the hi point 9mm and the ghost ring site is something that is put on later. it comes with normal sites.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
he might be talking about the carbines, mine came with peep sights.

the pistols you're right come with 3dot's + ghost ring if you wanna change it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
afrats said:
I have the hi point 9mm and the ghost ring site is something that is put on later. it comes with normal sites.
it was bought used and it only had the ring sights

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experience the same bias against Taurus in CT. I just purchased over the weekend a Springfield XD 40 Tactical . I really wanted to look at the Taurus 24/7 PRO but the guy would not even show it. He was pushing the S&W M&P with a rebate or a Glock Tactical. I own many different guns and truly enjoy my 2 Taurus products( .454 Raging Bull and 9mm PT92). I will bet that Taurus does not give the dealers as big a discount or kickback as some of the other companies.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
my shop pushes the taurus.in fact they try to sell them above all.well them and glock.all the texas city police department buy from them and they love them glocks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
So far I haven't experienced any overt anti-Taurus bias. Actually, if I recall correctly, before I bought my first handgun my local shop showed me a Taurus millenium first. I have large hands and it just felt too small so I passed on it. I would up buying a PT92 from them later.

The owner of the shop where I bought my 24/7 Pro actually said he was a big fan of Taurus. Not the same shop as above, BTW.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i guess im lucky because the shop i visit most dont give me any lip at all.
i ask to see such and such, guess what? they go and get such and such they dont try to dissuade you.

on the other hand it's a large shop that sells a crap load of guns so i guess they dont really care what you buy cause it's all money in the bank.

im not gonna say i "trust" my gun shop cause after all they do wanna make a sell but they seem honest enough when you ask them about a gun they'll usually tell you the good and the bad.

only gun i ever had them speak strictly bad about was a cobra (which yes is a cheap gun) and was informed they do jam a lot.. which makes you wonder why the hell they even carry the guns if thats the case.. this was after i already committed to buying a hi-point C9 so *shrugs* i guess they had no reason to lie.

Zach_Smith said:
it was bought used and it only had the ring sights
call hi-point i bet a dollar to a donut they will send you out the 3dot's rear sight for free.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts