Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anybody know of a gun safe manufacturer that makes safes for handguns only?
I don't need one for rifles.

I'd appreciate some good info on this.

Thanks to all!

Donald

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I bought two of these recently:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93575

They were on sale locally in the store (not online) for $19.99 each. One is bolted to studs in our bedroom closet. That's where I will keep my handguns when children visit us. The other is bolted to the floor in the back of my SUV. That one is for the times I need to enter a Federal building and I need a safe place to temporarily store my PT145.

The electronic keypad is super easy and fast. They appear to be made out of 14 ga. sheet metal. No fire protection. There are simply a very inexpensive metal box with easy access.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
While looking over your link for Wally world, I saw this one, which would be good for a car, or closet floor under the clothing racks.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5706771

Cheaper too!!!

Bolt this Honeywell anti-theft safe into your drawer and protect your laptop and valuables with a digital electronic locking system. This top-opening safe gives quick and easy access whether it's cash, a small laptop, small electronic items, prescriptions, jewels, or a personal firearm. Use it at work home, college, in your RV or boat. Store your wallet, keys or any other item of importance for easy access.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I should also add, though you only plan to put pistols in there right now, regardless of the size you purchase, you will fill it. If you have the space, a large rifle safe can be filled with all sorts of stuff. It will be full of pictures, documents, jewelry, the knife your grandad gave you, and tons of other stuff before you know it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Buy much, much larger than the collection you have now. As others have said you will fill it.

Any manufacturer of firearms safes will have them available in most every configuration you want. They'll have for long guns only, handguns and long guns, or handguns only.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all!!!!

Gave me some good ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.