Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the point that this needs to be on my list of things to get, but have done near nothing as far as research goes.

What kind of gun safes do you all have or would like to have? Any experiences you have with owning or researching them would be great to hear about.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.. NP, and my apologies. I'll go that route. Delete at will.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So now that we're on this subject... what exactly did you search for?

Do we have an advanced search feature somewhere I'm not finding, or is it only the little search window top right. I'm having a hard time finding anywhere close to 150 threads on safes. Granted I might have gotten 150 threads with the word safe but would like to narrow it down some.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok nvm.. i finally got to an advanced search.

·
Registered
432 Posts
So now that we're on this subject... what exactly did you search for?

Do we have an advanced search feature somewhere I'm not finding, or is it only the little search window top right. I'm having a hard time finding anywhere close to 150 threads on safes. Granted I might have gotten 150 threads with the word safe but would like to narrow it down some.
Here's what I am doing, I am just looking at Small Safes on Amazon and reading the reviews and I asked a few of my buddies on here about it and they gave me some recomendations in another thread http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/62472-pistol-safes-gun-storage-copacity.html and you might be interested in the DIY safe mounts this one guy did... ask around Qwiks draw knows his stuff and the guys that posted on my thread also... So just look at your needs, measure your guns, and measure the space where you want it, then do an online search based on that information... I suggest one with a quick access door that flips down, or a biometric one that takes your finger print and make sure that the safe has a stealth mode that shuts off the beeping sound when you deactivate the lock so a burglar or a nosy neighbor can't hear you open the safe...That's about all the advice I can give...

Good luck man!!
Rob

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Tractor Supply carries a large range of gun safes; most are very reasonably priced compared to the big box-store sporting goods places.
Good advice. The big box stores are usually quite a bit more expensive. Bass Pro and Cabelas are fine examples of this.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Guess I am gonna have to look there too... Thanks guys...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts