Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long will it take the courts to figure out that criminals dont see "gun safe zone" they see "nobody will shoot back zone"?

i am hoping that the DC decision will let more lawsuits come against places that restrict our rights. churches, universities, schools, etc

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Actually, the problem is with the politicians that enact gun safe zones in response to their constituents wanting to have more 'feel good' legislation.

And to answer your question, IMO, probably never.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The only way a gun free zone will ever work, is if they ban all firearms. That will only effect the law biding, of course the BG will not turn his in. Just look at England and Australia. People with no idea of whats going on, believe the gun is evil not the human. So the signs " Gun Free Zone". No they will not work, we have seen that in the past.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
that would be nice if i could carry to work.I cant and probably never will be able to because i work at a university hospital(its a school and a hospital).but i dont spend but about 45 min in it as i am a driver and travel to the clinics.i do take the state van home so i could leave it in my van as i am the only one that drives it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I personally don't see all gun free zones being eliminated, I used to testify in court a lot as an expert witness, I'd hate to have some lunatic have a greater chance to slip in and start shooting, which has happened. Your response to this could be that all CCW people have had BI's and are upstanding citizens...in our state we've had two murders recently in churches or their parking lots, and each one of the BG's had permits to carry...I do feel real naked when I have to go into a post office without my weapon, I'm always afraid that a disgruntled postal worker is going to go off the deep end while I'm in there and start shooting (no offense to any postal workers who read this), maybe I'm just paranoid.

·
Super Moderator
21,901 Posts
If your post office is like ours I think they give there employees massive doses of Valium before letting them punch in. Reason is that no one can possibly move that slow or take that many breaks. There can be twenty people in line and as soon as they reach the outside door half the tellers close to take a break. then when they get back they take five minutes straitening out there station that they just left regardless of how many people are in line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The crux of the matter is that criminals, by definition, do not obey the law. That makes politicians and bureaucrats powerless to do anything but punish after the fact, and they can never accept any of that. Idiots all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Of course the "Gun Free Zones" work. Just like the "Drug Free Zones" at the local high schools do and just like the 65 MPH zones on the high ways do.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
James41 said:
Just like the "Drug Free Zones" at the local high schools
Those crack me up. They always tempt me to stand just on the other side of the sign and roll a joint (if I smoked pot, which I dont cause it makes me feel like an idiot). Maybe gun laws should follow that same logic though, instead of gun free zones, they should make homicide free zones. That would surelly keep people safe!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rackir said:
Maybe gun laws should follow that same logic though, instead of gun free zones, they should make homicide free zones.

Great Idea.
It will take armed citizens to enforce it though, the Police can't be everywhere

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The way the economy is going fuel prices, food prices, unemployment just about it no where is safe JUST BE ALERT!!!

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I think "idiot free zones" would be better - because you'd have to be one to think that you're same in a gun-free zone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts