Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted here numerous times about the stability of the prices on weapons and ammunition here at our local Fleet Farm store - Sunday I was picking up "stuff" for a few projects and as usual cruised through the gun department to do a quick scan. After I left I thought that some of the prices seemd to be a bit higher, so I checked their on-line site and sure enough it seems everything went up about $20 for almost every weapon. I stopped again this morning and because it was early there wasn't a line up so I asked the gun manager - he said that manufacturers across the board had increased prices in the past 3 months.....Fleet had absorbed them until now, feeling they might drop again, but just felt they couldn't continue to eat the increases - so they chose the $20 increase to help ease the pain a bit.

He did n't exactly bash the manufacturers, but he thought the prices were purely in response to demand, not production costs. Ammunition has not sseen an increase at their store yet and the shelves looked fairly well stocked this morning

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It's bound to happen. With OT these manufacturers are paying, with their suppliers having to pay OT to their workers, that alone will start increasing prices. Now if they come down once demand isn't as bad will be the question

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Seems stable at the moment however I am not buying anything right now.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I bought my 709 at Gander Mountain first week of February, I was there last week and it's went up $20

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've noticed a slight rise at retail stores. The used market has gotten a little ridiculous, and I don't even look on Armslist anymore lol. If demand decreases, it should get better. But $20 is nominal in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Depends on the shop and gun. Some up and some down.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Prises will rise as demand increases.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's bound to happen. With OT these manufacturers are paying, with their suppliers having to pay OT to their workers, that alone will start increasing prices. Now if they come down once demand isn't as bad will be the question
Yeah...good luck with THAT.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Increasing prices is old news. It'll get worse before it gets better.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Registered
429 Posts
After posting my previous reply "Good luck with THAT", I pointed my computer to Fleet Farm where I bought my PT1911 last month for $689.99. Low and behold, the price is now $729.00. I used, as part of my persuasion tactics on my other half (we both must approve expensive outlays of money...it's just how our 30-year marriage works), that at $689 it was a pretty good buy, and besides, the price would only go up the way things were going in DC. Now, that's a $40 price jump, and I HAVEN'T EVEN SHOT THE GUN YET!! Glad I bought the Taurus when I did.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Most handgun prices seemed to have jumped $50-$100 in the last couple months around here. I bought a S&W 22A back in Jan. at Gander for $279 plus another $20 off from a mail-in rebate. A week or so later, the same pistol was tagged at $349 and has stayed there. Overall I don't feel as though the hikes aren't too bad given the wild demand and increased costs. I just wish the inventory levels would start getting back to near normal. There just isn't much to look at in those empty cases.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
It's easy to hold the line on price increases when your shelves are empty.

The only pistols our local Bass Pro have are the large frame high price ones. The cheapest being $700 and even then they have about 6 in the display cabinet. Last week the sales man said before Sandy Hook they had about 4-5 in the back room for every display model. Plus they used to get 50-60 in per day. Now they get 3-5 per day.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Try looking at everything in general.. Prices are going up on just about everything. Food,Clothing,Cars,Trucks,Guns,Gas,Oil, All fuel,construction materials. As for prices going back down, I don`t think we will ever see anything cheap price wise again.. Has your hourly pay went up as fast as everything?? A lot of the food items have went up in price but been made smaller.. Try buying a half gallon of ice cream, they are not a half gallon any longer..Things are on a down hill slide..Welcome to the new world order..

Reactions: TexasAviator
1 - 13 of 13 Posts