Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in Academy today. They have had a low inventory since before Christmas. The counter guy said that gun makers are running behind, and the store is having a hard time getting guns in.
Could that be true?
Wonder why?

Edit: Yeah- running behind is not necessarily a "slow down". Perhaps demand being more than production is what I meant to say.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's possible. I heard recently that there has been a new upsurge in firearms purchases. Also, with all of the mergers that have been happening in the industry lately, it is possible that they have cut production. However, it could also be that Academy has such good prices that they have a problem keeping firearms in stock! Those who live near one are lucky folks!

·
Administrator
39,708 Posts
I doubt there is a manufacturing slow down. More likely guns are just in high demand. Especially so, this past Christmas season. Shops restocking, could place a strain on the distributors.

Reactions: smithlock

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I was in an LGS this week, and the owner told me that both Kimber and Glock are having trouble keeping up with the demand. As an aside, he also told me that ammo prices are going to take a 10-15% jump in prices by the end of the month.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was in an LGS this week, and the owner told me that both Kimber and Glock are having trouble keeping up with the demand. As an aside, he also told me that ammo prices are going to take a 10-15% jump in prices by the end of the month.
Holy Sh0t! that's not good I just bought my first gun, now I have to shell out 15% more for my practice ammo?!!! WTFH is that?!!!!

Edit: Ok I retract that statement I just erased and in no way am a threat to anyone... I just want stuff to level out and have some Freakin peice and quiet with my rights and my guns ( except for the sounds of the bang from my gun at the range) and not have to pay more everytime some "Anti-Gunner" group throws a tantrum and ruins it for everyone because they don't mind being brainwashed and enslaved...

Note: I am kind of pleased that more people are buying guns and starting to realize the 2nd amendment is about more than just a Gun... At least I hope thats whats happening...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks like the economy is BOOMING! Alright I'll shut up.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
I was in Academy today. They have had a low inventory since before Christmas. The counter guy said that gun makers are running behind, and the store is having a hard time getting guns in.
Could that be true?
Wonder why?

Edit: Yeah- running behind is not necessarily a "slow down". Perhaps demand being more than production is what I meant to say.
I believe economists refer to this as the "guns and butter" economic principle - funny that the first reference I ever had in ECON 101 at a liberal arts college to the "supply and demand" principle of economics used guns and butter for their goods represented . . .

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Looks like the economy is BOOMING! Alright I'll shut up.
It sure is, and according to the President that's why the price of gas is going up.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I doubt there is a manufacturing slow down. More likely guns are just in high demand. Especially so, this past Christmas season. Shops restocking, could place a strain on the distributors.
I think you nailed it, Smoke. That's exactly what I'm hearing at all my LGS. They have waiting lists for all types of firearms, especially handguns and ARs. They're putting lots of duplicates under glass for now.

Just renewed my CWP and everybody I talked to at the sheriff's office says new applications are skyrocketing like never before. They've had to hire new temps to handle the load.

·
Registered
31,904 Posts
There is a lot of fear driving the firearm market.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Well with demand so high now with it looking like Obama winning again I can understand it. I know I ordered a gun from Bud's and gave them a choice of two, saying I would take the first one in. Well the guns a Uberti Cattleman or the Cimarron Mod P pre war both 7.5" barrels on 12/5/11. I got the Cimarron on 2/9/12 and told the Uberti would be another 4 weeks so that got canceled. (Cimarron is a tuned Uberti). 45 Colt ammo has gone up to about $38 for 50 also. I did buy a used loading setup from a friend for a great price so will be loading my own 45 Colt, 45 acp and 9 mm in the future.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think it is a good thing that more folks are purchasing firearms.
Especially if they are new folks, and not exisiting folks that already have firearms.
The more people that step up and take a positive approach to their own personal protection the better.
It will also make it much more difficult for the government to shut down our 2nd ammendment rights.

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just wondering about colt the maker of gun so reading an article about it. Do you think it’s ethical for not copying the expensive brand gun by small gun manufactures, copying them should not be a problem as they are only copying those who are not patent..

gun manufacturers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts