Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
If they think it has increased at a rapid rate till now. Wait untill this summer, as the threats increase to making the Democratic Convention in Denver worst than in Chicago in 1968. Some of the burned out hippies from that era are making this their 40th Reunion. If there is no solution as to who the candidate is before the election it will not be a pleasant situatiuon. Hopefully, no rioting, but there is no guarantee. Something to ponder.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Funny, I opened my local paper to see a similar article which then went on to express that my county has bucked the trend and has had a decrease in permits. In retrospect, since I was applying RIGHT during this timeframe (and according to the article was 1 of 3), we had multiple massive snowstorms, office closures for holidays, etc. that made it very difficult to submit an application, since it can only really be done on Mondays thanks to their setup...it makes sense that if they were closed 3 out of 4 Mondays, there'd be a decrease.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish more people understood what gun control dose and dosen't do, My wife was not around guns owners growing up, I read alot,talk to my wife about alot of this, In fact my wife learned how to shoot a handgun from me, after so many years of hearing people should not have guns, she is starting to realize that there is a place for them and has learned to use them. In fact when her mother said something about gun control the other day, my wife told her mother that gun control takes guns away from lawful people like herself not the badguys, and that she would rather have a gun and not need it, need it and not have one... her mom didn't have much more to say. I smiled inside in a big way. She dosen't want her CCW but wants the choice, to own or carry. To hear her say that explains the 2nd to me in its simples way. The Choice is what we are given, we can't let anyone take that away.

·
Registered
384 Posts
North Star said:
If they think it has increased at a rapid rate till now. Wait untill this summer, as the threats increase to making the Democratic Convention in Denver worst than in Chicago in 1968. Some of the burned out hippies from that era are making this their 40th Reunion. If there is no solution as to who the candidate is before the election it will not be a pleasant situatiuon. Hopefully, no rioting, but there is no guarantee. Something to ponder.
I truly hope hope Denver is nothing like Chicago '68. Neither side kept their heads on back then. As a young, just out of high school kid, a few friends and I drove into the City to see what all the excitement was about. We ended up in Grant Park with a bunch of other kids. Chicago's finest showed us that night what it ment to get on the wrong side of Mayor Daley the first. Times have changed and so have many of my then idealistic thoughts on how a perfect world would be. All the same, it will always be a night that I will remember. I hope that cooler heads will prevail in Denver.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Time To Wake Up ..America ;D
people from Colorado have... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Good to see Colorado following Utah's lead.

·
Registered
493 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
Time To Wake Up ..America ;D
people from Colorado have... :thumb:
+1

All I can say is WOW! I live in Colorado and didn't know about this story. I hope this shows the Supreme Court that this is what people want and that it is their right to decide to own a gun and not the governments decision. Good luck DC there is hope.

·
Registered
62 Posts
airwrench said:
It seems more people are recognizing the need to go heels.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_8538818

Colorado had 6,889 applicants last year state wide? We have that many in one county.

Makes me glad to hear that the west is finally catching on to what we east coast southerners have practiced for many generations.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Hopefully now the "bad guys" will think twice about being "bad guys". Armed citizens deter crime. It's a fact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts