Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not about gun control, but all about control.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Some just don't get it. When it comes to defending myself and mine, guns are just a courtesy to my enemy. They're a more humane way, certainly not the only or my preferred way. When it comes to that, I'll not be be inhibited by humanity.

·
Super Moderator
36,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some just don't get it. When it comes to defending myself and mine, guns are just a courtesy to my enemy. They're a more humane way, certainly not the only or my preferred way. When it comes to that, I'll not be be inhibited by humanity.
Probably a better chance to survive a gunshot wound or two center mass than repeated blows to the head with a Louisville Slugger...but who really cares when stopping an attack?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Probably a better chance to survive a gunshot wound or two center mass than repeated blows to the head with a Louisville Slugger...but who really cares when stopping an attack?
Facts is facts. With a gun, you can shoot and they can fall but in reality, you're still just guessin'. When you can feel through your own hands, the life leaving the bad guy's body, then there's no question.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Well firearms are quite civilized in the realm of self-defense methods. In some cases the firearm is merely a club: 82-Year-Old Marine Beats a Home Intruder To Death With a Shotgun - The Truth About Guns

Those who want to take away our civilized personal protection tools wouldn't like it if we're left to defend ourselves with other means. Large, sharp knives. Tomahawks. Bats with lead cores. Bats wrapped in barbed wire (recall walking dead). We can be very creative when it comes to dealing out the hurt.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Shh... don't tell anyone, but we STILL keep a Louisville slugger close at hand...just in case...;)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Shh... don't tell anyone, but we STILL keep a Louisville slugger close at hand...just in case...;)
View attachment 476705
It goes back to the premise that firearms aren't magical, protective talismans. They are mechanical objects that just work as designed.

Melee ranges call for melee weapons. You don't drive nails with a pipe wrench and you don't fix a leaky pipe with a #2 Phillips screwdriver. Handguns make a really sucky club and don't stab or slash for crap when you are at bad breath range.

Bats (28 inch aluminum T-Ball- big enough to stretch my reach but small enough to use one handed if needed) and knives. Both of which are within arm's reach of the computer desk as I type- along with a .45 Witness, spare mag and a flashlight. Why? Because they work better at arm's reach than the Witness.

·
Registered
17,278 Posts
Yeah, just ask Joseph ‘juno’ Giunta, Albert Anselmi & John Scalise. Oh wait, we're too late for that.

·
Registered
36,481 Posts
We really need to outlaw baseball/softball bats to be honest--especially the evil black ones!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts