Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I'm sure there was some gun control going on since 1900, but the big year was 1968 - when the Gun Control Act was passed. Senator Thomas J. Dodd (D-CT) took huge parts of Adolf Hitler's Nazi Weapons Law and implanted it directly into the Great Society legislation that was being passed at the time.

This piece of legislation is the foundation for every other piece of legislation that has come down the pike since then, including the Clinton Gun Ban.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but I guess I was more surprised seeing how we had just won independence and people were already trying to ban guns. Also it does not mention Wyatt Earp and his making people check in firearms when they entered the town where he was sherriff . I know until then I thought he was a good man. But after learning about his gun control measures it made me sick.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
First, you must try to understand the times in which Wyatt Earp lived.
Too many cowhands celebrated by firing guns and by drinking liquor. The only way to exercise some control over accidents and fights fueled by liquor was to have the guns temporarily taken away - not too much different than leaving your EDC in the car when you visit the post office or any other federal building.
These days, the only people given to celebrating with gunfire are those in the Middle East: the rest of us have evolved a different idea of the social contract.
Remember, you cannot measure the people of a century ago with a yardstick forged only yesterday.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Subscribed to some good info.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Now we just need to keep Obama's administration from signing on with the U.N. and trying to ban all small arms.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Even in our own country there have always been those in government who fear its citizens. Thank God that there are others who are more level headed on such matters. If they weren't vigilante, the US would be very much like the UK, as we tend to follow much of what they do -- particularly in terms of rule of law....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Stay armed and keep watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts