Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
35,111 Posts
It says that the commercial will only be shown in the northeast....I'll bet Best Buy is lobbying for it to be shown everywhere, including the south. Can you imagine how much money they could potentially make, all of us southern boys shooting their TV sets when they see that commercial? :D

·
17,567 Posts
It says that the commercial will only be shown in the northeast....I'll bet Best Buy is lobbying for it to be shown everywhere, including the south. Can you imagine how much money they could potentially make, all of us southern boys shooting their TV sets when they see that commercial? :D
They show that in The South and it will just get everybody thinking they better go get that AR15 before the next election. Gun sales will spike.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Gun Control... Around here gun control is proper aiming & technique and not doing anything stupid while you are shooting!

My TV is safe then, not being in the northeast! I'm not gonna be watching it anyway, the Steelers or Texans aren't in it and the Cowboys aren't in it (I'd only watch to see Jerry Jones team loose! :) )

Yeah a Steelers fan from Cowboy's country, I know... I know... I've never been quite right! :D

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Here's an Idea.Let us get together and have a Mayor from Texas and one from Tenessee do a gun control commercial on hickock45's range.

Except this commercial will be broadcast nationwide and in New Jersey, New York, Illinois, California,Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
How much does it cost to run a 30 sec spot during the Superbowl?

Who is paying for that ad?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much does it cost to run a 30 sec spot during the Superbowl?

Who is paying for that ad?
I heard on the news the other night that a 30 sec spot during the SuperBowl costs up to 3.5 million dollars!

Hmmm... makes ya wonder who is paying for this doesn't it! Sure would be great to see an NRA rebuttal commerical.

Rob

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
3.5 million is what Bloomberg earns in interest every minute.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Yes sir I would question who is paying... maybe George Soros?? Bloomberg?? yours and my mayor??

Heres the website link for Mayors against illegal guns---- Mayors Against Illegal Guns

heres a link to the members list. I would think making the members uncomfortable would be a great place to start. If you find your mayor on the list write him or call his office.. I have heard that in the past a few mayors have claimed they were not members and had their names removed from the list??? Mayors Against Illegal Guns - Coalition Members

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Wow!
Even some so-called gun friendly States have a mile long list.
Good for South Carolina, only 2.

P.S. I bet most of them are Democrats.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As Dirty Harry said, “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I heard on the news the other night that a 30 sec spot during the SuperBowl costs up to 3.5 million dollars!

Hmmm... makes ya wonder who is paying for this doesn't it! Sure would be great to see an NRA rebuttal commerical.

Rob
Bloomberg could easily pay for it himself. And, his anti-firearm project(s) have long been his favorite things to work/spend money on....

·
Administrator
35,111 Posts
As Dirty Harry said, “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”

Funny.....thats the same way these two numbnuts feel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's an Idea.Let us get together and have a Mayor from Texas and one from Tenessee do a gun control commercial on hickock45's range.

Except this commercial will be broadcast nationwide and in New Jersey, New York, Illinois, California,Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
Sounds like a winner to me, pardner. Texas & Tenn are gun friendly states. Wish we could pull that off.
We do have our share of gun hating Libs as well.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Now just a thought... IMHO if I lived in a town that the mayor was on the list... I would have to see about securing a copy the city budget and look see if a donation was made FROM tax dollars for the membership. If so I would think a little HELL raisen would be in order... I would also let all the local sportsman, gun clubs, pawn shops and gun shops know of the membership.. I found a mayor from a town I once lived in and let a old friend know, he didnt know, and he was up in arms.. JUST my opinion of course.

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
"Haters gonna Hate".

Once they're mugged, raped or otherwise brutalized their focus will change.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts