Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with Gun Broker? I placed a bin on Thursday, and just got my bid notification via email today. Went and checked on the item and I was out bid Friday morning. What the heck, still no out bid notification to my email yet. Now I have to keep better track of bids as several autions have ended with no notifications to me. :mad:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Could be a problem with Gunbroker's notification system, or could also be problem with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Sometimes an ISP slows down/completely stops delivering emails from specific websites because of volume issues or "ethical" reasons.. Either way it sucks to lose out on an auction because of no notification.

I only occasionally get "Reply to thread" notifications from this website, even tho I mark all my posting for email notification. My ISP is AT&T and their delivery of eBay "Saved Search" notifications varies in delivery time. They're suppose to be delivered early-AM each day, but sometimes its later that day or none at all. For last few weeks its been 12+ hours late, arriving in the late afternoon.

I think with eBay its due to their high volume of notifications, but with Gunbroker or this site I wonder sometimes if it isn't an anti-gun ISP network administrator at the controls.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,186 Posts
I have not had any problem, I have received notifications and have watched 3 pistols sell, or not, in the last couple of days. Now if I had been in the bidding, my system would probably go down :)

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I get too many notifications from ebay with no way to turn off the specific ones I don't want to see (the "your best offer has been submitted/declined/accepted, counteroffer received, etc" types). A short haggle session with a seller and I get 6 emails for each exchange.

Gun broker has been acting normally for me, maybe double check your notification settings in case they updated software and reverted some settings to other defaults.

·
32,661 Posts
I've had some stuff wind up in the spam file even though I set things up to let the GunBroker e-mails through. Not recently had it happen though.

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I check spam every time I check email, very little goes to my spam folder. I'll have to go poking around in the GunBroker settings and see if something is messed up there. May also change my email to see if it is the host or not.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There was a glitch at Gunbroker yesterday for a few hours. Usually my bid confirmation is in my email box within a minute after I bid, but yesterday there was a couple hours of lag.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
could be a problem with gunbroker's notification system, or could also be problem with your internet service provider (isp). Sometimes an isp slows down/completely stops delivering emails from specific websites because of volume issues or "ethical" reasons.. Either way it sucks to lose out on an auction because of no notification.

I only occasionally get "reply to thread" notifications from this website, even tho i mark all my posting for email notification. My isp is at&t and their delivery of ebay "saved search" notifications varies in delivery time. They're suppose to be delivered early-am each day, but sometimes its later that day or none at all. For last few weeks its been 12+ hours late, arriving in the late afternoon.

I think with ebay its due to their high volume of notifications, but with gunbroker or this site i wonder sometimes if it isn't an anti-gun isp network administrator at the controls.

if only we had net neurality!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I don't trust buying something as important as a gun online. If I can't hold it in my hand first and inspect the gun buying it is not an option for me. Looking at gunbroker and other sites like it are a nice way to pass time and get ideas on pricing though.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Maybe Obummer is testing "the kill switch"

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
There was a glitch at Gunbroker yesterday for a few hours. Usually my bid confirmation is in my email box within a minute after I bid, but yesterday there was a couple hours of lag.
Yeah, sorry. I hacked the system to keep competitive bids out. picked up dozens of guns and pallets of ammo for a penny!

Or.... not! but a guy can dream, right?

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't trust buying something as important as a gun online. If I can't hold it in my hand first and inspect the gun buying it is not an option for me. Looking at gunbroker and other sites like it are a nice way to pass time and get ideas on pricing though.
Unfortunately, used guns in S. FL go for crazy prices. So far I have not been sorry about any purchase I have made on Gun Broker. I try to stick with sellers with high ratings, and that offer an inspection period. Between my FFL and I, we inspect them as best as we can before the transfer is complete. I would much rather buy guns locally in person, just not always easy in my neck of the woods.

Reactions: Qwiks draw
1 - 15 of 15 Posts