Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the news online where they are talking about the latest gun bill vote sometime this week. I am not debating specifics, or its a good bill or not since what they are proposing will not have prevented any of the mass killings. Does anyone wish they would just get the vote over with so all the politicians can feel good about themselves, and maybe the run on ammo will subside? I am a relatively new gun owner and would like to get to the range more often then every few months. But everyone is running scared buying up all the ammo causing me to not want shoot up what I bought at a normal price. At least with a vote we could be closer to ending the ammo scare. But I am new to all this and might be naive in my thinking.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I'm with you bya72, Just get the damn thing over and done with so we can try to get back to some sort of normality. Just stop the madness!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I read that too but I haven't seen any specifics on it. I live in Texas and have a Texas Resident License which isn't recognized by some states, namely the far west coast, Nevada and up in the north-east. Of course there is always Illinois. I think that this bill would remove those restrictions as federal law would supercede state law. That's my interpretation on the report but, as I said, I haven't read the proposed bill.

And, I'm with you, get this thing over and done with so we can all see where we stand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read that too but I haven't seen any specifics on it. I live in Texas and have a Texas Resident License which isn't recognized by some states, namely the far west coast, Nevada and up in the north-east. Of course there is always Illinois. I think that this bill would remove those restrictions as federal law would supercede state law. That's my interpretation on the report but, as I said, I haven't read the proposed bill.

And, I'm with you, get this thing over and done with so we can all see where we stand.
Thats the left coast what do you expect. Don't get me started with IL. At least we are getting closer and closer to open carry if the state cannot come up with a CC by then. We are waiting to see what happens here.

How about we don't screw with our Bill of Rights?
That goes without saying. As it stands now, hard to buy a gun at a decent price, and can hardly find ammo in these parts. At least if they vote on something we can can always take it to the supreme court. They are causing a form of gun control by dragging this all out.

I am really not trying to make this political thread. Just want all this over with as soon as possible. If the politicians can vote on something small so they can say they did something, lets get it done and we can go from there.

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Please heed the OP's original wish!
Or the thread gets locked!

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
I think we are all tired of it.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ultimately we see states initiating legislation that basically protects them from federal gun bills so if you're in the right state you may actually be immune from draconian federal gun ban laws.

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Let me explain here:
I have 1 choice! Let this thread continue....and hope politics is kept out of it...or lock it! I cannot move the thread to politics because the OP does not have enough posts. I think he was being sly.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm with ya bya72...I'm really not convinced how it's going to go either...I'm just glad the end is in sight one way or the other. Tired of all the posturing. I did tell some of my circle I would imagine something to do with the background checks will probably make it. Let's get it done with...send your support to your reps...and hope for the best.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Let me explain here:
I have 1 choice! Let this thread continue....and hope politics is kept out of it...or lock it! I cannot move the thread to politics because the OP does not have enough posts. I think he was being sly.
While its true I cannot go to the politics, was not being sly. I tend to stay out of political threads anyway. I really did not want this thread to turn into soapbox for anyone about what ever they are going to vote on. I just wanted to know if my feelings about it were justified, or if I was just being naive. Besides, if I really wanted on the politics board I would have been padding my post count for the month or two I have been here. And if I had my choice, I would rather be able to go to the classified than the politics board. But I can be patient about getting there.

But in the interest of keeping the peace, let me know if you want me to delete this thread.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I wouldn't say you are naive in your thinking.Some may however if you don't follow politics at all then this is a likely way to think about the situation.Do I wish it was all over?Yes I do.Am I foolish enough to think this will end anytime soon?NO.Neither side will rest as that is accepting defeat.

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Lets see how it goes!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Am with the OP. This ammo shortage is beyond stupid. I need a few boxes of .22 to go do some shooting and de-stress. But, no luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't say you are naive in your thinking.Some may however if you don't follow politics at all then this is a likely way to think about the situation.Do I wish it was all over?Yes I do.Am I foolish enough to think this will end anytime soon?NO.Neither side will rest as that is accepting defeat.
I follow politics to a degree, but too early to really tell whats in the bill. That is for conversations on the politics board later in the week when things are further along with the bill. I know the gun grab is not over by a long shot. I have no idea whats in the bill, but know people are running scared and hoarding due to the threat of what congress will do. Maybe I am delusional enough to think that if they vote and get something small passed that congress will ease up on the gun scare. Then hope they will just push the gun grab to the back burner just giving it lip service every now and then. That way the hoarders will ease up. I need some ammo and wanted a nice little hi-point 9mm carbine. Cannot find neither for a decent price around here. At lease I can hope thats the way it will go.

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
well, In essence this isn't so much a politics as a reciprocity amongst states. As I saw in someone's post on another thread, Why is it my 1st amendment rights, my 4th amendment rights, my fifth, etc. are recognized when I cross state lines but my Second is not? Does this make sense to anyone else?

·
Registered
19,167 Posts

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Well I just feel that the ideas that are floating are not really going to have any true effect on what everyone is talking about, whether they are truthful or not in what they say they want.
My big problems are that the problems of mental illness, under age possesion of a pistol, felons having pistols.
so it seems that one side does not want to place criminals (young ) or repeat offenders in jail and let them serve real time, NO they are just children!
yea thats holding people up, like the children that blew the babies brains out in South Georgia!
can't tell someone nope can't have a gun cause your unstable-- thats not politically correct!
untill both sides face up to what will improve the situation its only make believe!
Wonder why no one in Washington will stand up and say hey! most gun crime and violent crime is black on black and most in in the inner city!
Now lets address that probelm?
it has nothing to do with race or locale it has everything to do with facts.
You will never completely do away with violence, do away with guns they kill each other with knives, do away with knives and they use stones!
a fact of life.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
And might as well hit the other side too!
whats with the no we don't want any registration required at gun shows??
why not?
thats a business and they should be required to have a liscense and do what a regular brick and mortar gun store would do!
Now reasoanble people would say hey , well lets protect the guy that wants to pass a gun or two along to his son(s) so lets say that you can sale 2-3 guns per year without background checks!
But if you are caught selling more than that simple its 20 years fixed sentence in a fed prison!
noo, we can't make a reasonable discussion cause its them taking our guns.
I also feel and catch static about requiring a proficency test and liscense to carry a concealed gun.
now if you want to buy a gun thats fine.
take it home , but it in the nightstand, whatever, but if you take it out in public then you should, have to take a test to show that you are proficient with it, regardless of in the car, boat, plane if its carried in public you need to be able to use it!
I don't want to be shot by friendly fire anymore than bad guy fire!
OK , I still got my Nomex suit so flame away!
Gosh I need to visit these off topic boards more often!--GriiiiN.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts