Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that quality holsters get most of the attention as the next accessory to buy with a gun purchase. Now I ask, What is the best belt for everyday use I can buy at an affordable price?

I currently use an H721OT Don Hume with a $10 belt from Walmart. For now the belt does the job, but I know that I'll be seeking a replacement real soon. Next week I plan on attending a large gun show in Harrisburg, P.A. So I wanted to get some idea of what a decent everyday belt should go for. I'm not sure if I want to spend $70+ on a Galco. $30-$60 is more up my alley.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use a 721 for my XD it work OK takes awhile to break in the leather as all of Hume;s stuff is pretty stiff and tight, that said once you own and carry with a quality belt you'll wonder how you ever did without one as suddenly you forget that your pistol is on your hip.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Spend the money for a quality gun belt. You won't find anything good at Wal-Mart for this. Yes, it will work for a while but once you have the real thing and carry for several hours (or more) at a stretch you can feel the difference.

An in between step is the polymer lined belts from Uncle Mikes. I got one on clearance when I was starting out and its better than wally world but not as nice as a good double thickness of hide. Still keep it around as a spare (assuming that is will still fit).

Heres a tip. Get your belt to match your holsters. It makes everything blend so its harder for someone to spot that your carrying. Yes, it does work with a black belt and black kydex clips.

FYI I use a double thick leather belt that was made when I custom ordered a holster. Holster didn't fit my body but the belt is worn every day, every where. And if at all possible I get all my holsters in black.

Steelheart

·
Registered
212 Posts
its hard for me to find a belt to fit :( I have to by the hole cow ! :eek:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Try some of the higher end holster makers. Did a quick check on a couple and here's what I found:

Milt Sparks says the add $2 per every inch over 45 (base price is $82.50), no max listed.

DeFatti: Basically same as Milt Sparks

Wilderness Tactical lists belts up to 59" with 60+" listed as CALL.

And besides, it you get the whole cow you have meat for the freezer for a while, or one serious party!

Steelheart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks I will check all of those out ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts