Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,977 Posts
I used Walmart belts initially until I bought a hank's belt. I'll never use a thin belt again. A thick gun belt makes all the difference in comfort and keeping the gun in the same position.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have a couple of 5.11 gear gun belts that work well.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
DeSantis had a sale not to long ago and i got one from them for $20. nice $40 regular price 1 1/2 black belt.

·
Registered
24,792 Posts
Hanks belts are the best.

Reactions: Manster

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kore Essentials got one from my son for Xmas love the belt is a very stiff but comfortable to wear. Has ratchet system for tightening the belt goes in 1/4 increments the belt is shipped very long you cut it to the length you want. Check them out

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have worn a Galco SB2 for several years. It is both wide and thick and will carry my large N-frame Smiths without sagging. It is showing some wear but a quick buff with shoe polish makes it presentable. I have other belts but the Galco is the one that I will reach for most often.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use a Bigfoot belt. Wear it everyday and it still looks good after a couple of years.
Nothing sags when wearing this.
If I wear this belt out (or lose a lot of weight), I will buy another.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've been wearing a Bigfoot gun belt for a few years now and like it. I've been through a few brands and this one has held up better than any other. I'm a bigger guy (240-260ish) and usually carry full size guns. Those two factors combined are hell on a belt! But the Bigfoot has taken it in stride and still looks good.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
IMO need atleast a belt with 2 pins at the buckle. One pin stretchs and belt doesn't last as long. My current belt I got at a Tractor supply type store works OK. Lost some weight do to cancer and should loose some more for better health and will be going crossbreed. A good belt last a long time.

·
Registered
pt111 g2
308 Posts
I fell in love with the belly band holster years ago and i just got a new one. It allows me to forgo the belt and wear whatever clothing i want to wear without compromise. The one i got this year was the wider version and it is much more comfortable than the old narrow version. Plus it has a pocket and a place for two pistols. The extra width means that the pistol no longer rubs on my side which is a blessing. Assuming you have a CCW this is a great way to carry, though i suppose you could also wear it on the outside of clothing.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I have 2 Hank`s belts... One in black and one in brown... both are now over 10 years old... no sag still holds well!

·
Registered
500 Posts
My first belt for IWB was a Hanks belt. Felt kind of bulky at the buckle. I’ve switched to the Kore ratchet belt and those feel much better. It’s nice to be able to adjust in small increments based on carry pistol/holster. They also come in leather for office wear or dressier occasions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Double Alpha IDPA belt. I wear it everyday. It’s extremely comfortable and it will support a full-size handgun without and problem.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I am way bigger than all of you and I wear a Hanks belt. Hasn't worn out or let me down yet. I wear a little bitty gun or a heavy full size gun, depending on how I feel and the Hanks Belt is always strong and supportive.

Don

1 - 20 of 23 Posts